• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton INT number 3 ( or Russell Shepard has disappeared part 2 )

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Will there be any threads covering the potential game changing interceptions two of our top defenders whiffed on?

Eh, defending a pass is a good play. Getting the INT is icing. Not sure why I would criticize it. 

Lots of problems on offense right now. 

OC

OT

QB

are the main ones. Sure, it may have a lot to do with Cam's health, but it is still a problem and worth looking at. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Eh, defending a pass is a good play. Getting the INT is icing. Not sure why I would criticize it. 

OC

OT

QB

are the main ones. Sure, it may have a lot to do with Cam's health, but it is still a problem and worth looking at. 

Turnovers change games. Didn't we lead the league in turnovers in 2015?

Oh I completely agree our offense has a slew of issues at the moment.

I'm just saying, there were missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. It didn't help matters that our secondary was getting burnt lIke toast either.

I'm honestly not worried about this. Cam will get better at this as he plays, he missed too much TC and Preseason. This is why both are important

I'm worried about the arm. If Cam can't launch down the field and do it as well as he used to, it's going to be a problem for our offense

What's crazy to me is once again, NOBODY is talking about the run game. Are we a passing team now? We have to get our RB's rushing yards up per game.

6 minutes ago, beastson said:

I'm honestly not worried about this. Cam will get better at this as he plays, he missed too much TC and Preseason. This is why both are important

I'm worried about the arm. If Cam can't launch down the field and do it as well as he used to, it's going to be a problem for our offense

What's crazy to me is once again, NOBODY is talking about the run game. Are we a passing team now? We have to get our RB's rushing yards up per game.

Between Stewart and CMC were looking at 235 total rushing yards through 3 games.

Meanwhile we just used a top 10 pick on a running back.

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Between Stewart and CMC were looking at 235 total rushing yards through 3 games.

Meanwhile we just used a top 10 pick on a running back.

Hard to run when teams have zero respect for the passing game. Completing a few throws over 10 yards to start would open up so much. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Time to move on from someone. QB, O coach, head coach or a combination of them.

I think its time to move on from HC and OC. You see how Cam plays when healthy and under a new regime. If he continues to struggle then you have to move on from him. I keep mentioning it, but Jared Goff didn't look like a NFL QB last year, now they bring in McVay and now people see why he was selected No.1 overall. The pending questions is whether or not its too late to "fix" Cam's play but Rivera and Shula have to go first to find out.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hard to run when teams have zero respect for the passing game. Completing a few throws over 10 yards to start would open up so much. 

If you want an honest discussion about what ails this offense you can't sidestep one issue over another.

We know Cam isn't playing as well as he could be or should be. But we're also a running team. That is our identity first and foremost.

Cam is the easiest target because he's the QB and he generates lengthy discussion because he's so polarizing for a host of reasons, some reasonable, some not so reasonable.

But when your 8th overall pick hasn't even cracked 75 yards rushing through 3 games, you cannot just gloss over that.

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you want an honest discussion about what ails this offense you can't sidestep one issue over another.

Who is side stepping? Defenses are stacking 8 or 9 in the box and daring the Panthers to throw. They are taking away the run game and conceding pass plays. If the Panthers can't take advantage, why would they ever stop? 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

OC

OT

QB

a defensive player dropping an INT is like a receiver making a catch for a first down but slipping before he could score or get more YAC

Many people have been sidestepping the fact that Cam is killing drives basically by himself. I was never totally on board with Delhomme (tbth), but Cam's play since the Super Bowl makes me wish we had someone that could play with Jake's competency. 

I just don't get it. We've all been waiting for Cam to turn the corner and be all that he can be, but perhaps this is the best that we can hope for.

Archived