• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Shepard has disappeared ...

Jeremy Igo

Anyone ever notice Cam is a statue in the pocket? He never side steps, moves around and sees the pressure until way too late. Watch Brees, stafford, Rodgers and they immediately move around the pocket depending on where the pressure is coming from. 

Watching this play Cam knows pressure is coming from the left but decides to launch it to Funchess with someone draping all over him. Could have moved to the right to give more time. 

Not sure why he likes to lock in on his vertical routes and rarely looks underneath. You would think once pressure is coming you should look to your shorther routes first. Could have easily hit Shepard and Mccaffrey was coming free as well across the middle. 

You can't "evaluate" the QB situation if you don't even know the current health status of the QB in question.

Is it really just coincidence Cam has had his worst set of games as a pro the same year he's struggled to return from shoulder surgery? There's no connection between the two?

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

You can't "evaluate" the QB situation if you don't even know the current health status of the QB in question.

Is it really just coincidence Cam has had his worst set of games as a pro the same year he's struggled to return from shoulder surgery? There's no connection between the two?

This is what frustrates me most. I wish we knew where cam was healthwise.

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

This is what frustrates me most. I wish we knew where cam was healthwise.

I'm not an MD, but I know enough to look at him in the video of the first INT to know that physically, he's not remotely close to 100%. Furthermore, I'm damn sure that when you're fighting through pain, no way are you anywhere near 100% mentally.

Cam is freaking pushing the ball , not throwing it. This is not good at all. Seems like maybe his shoulder is very tight still, and he does not have the full range of motion to complete the full throwing motion. You can tell when he gets to the top of his throwing motion, there is no rotation back at all, he's now just straight up and pushing the ball, with his hand almost behind the ball instead of on top or on the side. 

What's even worse is that Cam is now training his body to throw with these messed up mechanics, so it will become muscle memory.

I don't think Cam is even close to being healthy.  As someone who has had a torn rotator, what you see with him pushing the ball is to compensate from pain in the throwing motion.  He doesn't have to open up his shoulder to push like he does to fully throw.

I don't care what these doc's say - a torn rotator take a year to get close to 75-80% - not a few months.

With that said, that was just a poor decision by Cam with Shep wide open.  I think he locks in on receivers so he can get the ball out as quickly as possible and avoid getting smashed from behind.  I can't blame him, but there's a lot broken about the QB position right now.

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Less than two years ago I never had a thought about this even but it may be time to start evaluating our QB situation.

I'm not saying your wrong, but it's a scary world out there without a QB. There aren't enough quality QBs to go around and the next thing you know you're pinning your hopes on the Bryan Hoyers and Josh McCown's of the world (ironically both had nice games this week btw). Remember how long it took to replace Gross (we haven't) or Smitty (we haven't). 

Archived