• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's first interception yesterday.

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I dont believe we game plan. At least not in a way that we attack other teams weaknesses. Our game is pretty much the same week to week on both sides of the ball.

Our game plan, each and every week since Ron "I would have taken a shot too" Rivera has been head coach, is run the ball and get as much TOP possible to protect your defense.

Points, to Ron, are just an afterthought to keeping the defense "fresh".

19 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

My god it looks like Cam is throwing a shot-put.

Cam's footwork has always been a problem, but one thing I don't ever remember is him throwing the ball like it was a shot-put.  This is scary.

Yeah either something is wrong with that shoulder or he's still trying to get confidence with it after having surgery on it. I'm really not sure but Cams throwing motion has never looked like that from what I remember. I really have no faith in this coaching staff to protect cam after last year.

20 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

My god it looks like Cam is throwing a shot-put.

Cam's footwork has always been a problem, but one thing I don't ever remember is him throwing the ball like it was a shot-put.  This is scary.

:(

Yea this team is way too trash to have a QB playing bad. We used to have a run game and OL and we could literally just hand the ball off. Now we just have Cam on offense with Olsen out so if he plays bad or average sometimes we are going to lose period. Lack of Offensive talent all around and I'm not an over protector of Cam it's just the truth. These little scrub ass WRs people said were going to do something are no where to be found as usual because they suck. Truth: we don't have much O talent.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Our game plan, each and every week since Ron "I would have taken a shot too" Rivera has been head coach, is run the ball and get as much TOP possible to protect your defense.

Points, to Ron, are just an afterthought to keeping the defense "fresh".

The theory is that we dictate and impose our will regardless of what the other team does. Rivera has talked about it before.

In that mindset, you don't need adjustments.

Look at Funch. He tries to stop and JUMP at a ball thrown high and behind...this on a designed quick SLANT, LOL. If Newton correctly leads Funch with a well thrown ball at the numbers, the play probably results in a big gain. As others have noted, the original run design may have worked as well. Good play. Poor execution. 

Archived