• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's first interception yesterday.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

RIvera says he should have gone with the run option to CMC. Says he was disappointed in that decision. For the record CMC would have run no where. 

Is Rivera just talking out of his ass now or is he really this far in over his head? CMC would have been leveled for a 5 yard loss.

It looks like once again Funchess was playing small and lazy on that route.

Wtf was that play design. It's first down and Shula is once again going with some option BS.

You can question the call and Cam's decision on this play all day long, and there's merit to both, not just on this play but others, and not for only this game, or season. What jumped out at me was the throw itself. The last time I saw a throw that looked that F'd up, the ball was in the hand of a guy named The Golden Calf of Bristol. Cam has his mechanics issues, but this is something far different and beyond that. No way he should be on a football field right now.

Edit. WTF did T E B O W automatically get converted to golden calf...?

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

so player's fault.

what i figured.

people call rivera a players coach. not sure that title's going to be applicable for long.

Won't argue Newton made mistakes yesterday.

That said, I doubt it's that difficult to watch film of our team and figure out the routes we run off of certain looks.

Stuff like this is why I'm always complaining about play design.

I would hope the QB Coach Dorsey would use that piece of film to speak with Cam and try and figure out what he throwing in that stance for but knowing the history of Dorsey so far with Cam I highly doubt that will happen. I just know I have 3 coaches on my list that won't be back next season should we continue to flounder like this last game, SHULA, Rivera, and Dorsey.

To me it looks like a bad pass (the mechanics look rather bad), a bad play call, and a bad choice to throw it instead of getting rid of it since the defender clearly had read the  call. This was on first down so I would have been fine with just throwing away the ball for an incompletion and continuing on with the ball on 2nd down.

3 hours ago, xav8tor said:

You can question the call and Cam's decision on this play all day long, and there's merit to both, not just on this play but others, and not for only this game, or season. What jumped out at me was the throw itself. The last time I saw a throw that looked that F'd up, the ball was in the hand of a guy named The Golden Calf of Bristol. Cam has his mechanics issues, but this is something far different and beyond that. No way he should be on a football field right now.

Edit. WTF did T E B O W automatically get converted to golden calf...?

You must be new here.  That's been that way for years.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You must be new here.  That's been that way for years.

Nope, been around for five or six years now. Just never felt the need to type his name before, nor a reason to analyze why people called him that so much. Thanks for enlightening me.

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

RIvera says he should have gone with the run option to CMC. Says he was disappointed in that decision. For the record CMC would have run no where. 

giphy.gif

What is more worrisome is that it isn't a bad pass. The corner runs Funchess's route for him and sells out completely. It is almost as if he knew exactly what was coming. 

Good protection. Good throw. God awful decision. God awful play call. 

It is almost as if two time NFL coach of the year Rivera would have preferred a run for a minimal gain to a brutal interception. Imagine that.

Archived