• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera has a fix for the offense.

Jeremy Igo

26 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

This is the greatest thread ever.  We receive confirmation that perhaps Rivera knows more about football than the Huddle experts.  Rivera: 57-43-1. 

If only knowing football, whatever that means, made you a good HC. It's almost like there is more to in game management/strategy than "knowing football".

Lots of ex players "know football" and yet they don't make good HCs/GMs etc. Furthermore lots of non ex players "know football" as most coaching staffs aren't made up of primarily college or pro level ex players.

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

If only knowing football, whatever that means, made you a good HC. It's almost like there is more to in game management/strategy than "knowing football".

Lots of ex players "know football" and yet they don't make good HCs/GMs etc. Furthermore lots of non ex players "know football" as most coaching staffs don't have college or pro level ex players.

Stop, just stop. 

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'll say it. Ed Dickson had a great game yesterday. But before we go and get his statue ready, how about we see how he does after more than a single game when DCs game plan for him. 

No statue talk. Just credit for a backup playing well and a coach who knows more than we do.

Fans of this team have never seen a game close to what he did yesterday before. The fact he did was probably as much shock to them as it was us. I'll give credit where it's due. Now to see if Shula can adapt once opposing Ds focus on him like they did Greg. 

I will say though, if he's had these skills all along, does it really say that much about our coaching staff that they've never really used him as a receiver before? If he continues to ball out, it will give me less faith in our coaches, not more, for being able to evaluate talent.

Archived