• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... about the offense...

Jeremy Igo

Whenever the Mike Shula offense got too ambitious and ahead of itself in Tampa Bay, Tony Dungy would force him to scale back the playbook.

Too many penalties, missed assignments, wrong routes, bad reads? Scale it back. Go simple. Better to fully understand a more simple offense than to half ass a much more complex one. 

So, I think that is worth a shot now. It isn't like the opposing defenses respect our offense at all to begin with. Instead of adding more convoluted misdirection plays, put a helmet on a helmet and try moving the ball with everyone on the same page and a much smaller margin for mental errors. 

Who knows? A NFL caliber offense could happen. 

Hey Jeremy,

I've seen on other fan forums before and was wondering if we could have it here too. A fantasy trade thread designed for us to talk about moves we would like the Panthers to make, even if they never would make them. The basic rules of the thread being simple. Post a trade idea, justify why you think it would be right for the Panthers, and why you think the other team would be willing to make the move. Then others can comment on if they like or dislike the idea.

For example, I would love to see a big trade made right now that shakes this team up. We need a better starting CB, S, TE, WR. So I would be stoked if the Panthers made a move and traded a future pick or 2 for players who can help them in a significant way this season.

I personally feel like this team has a window of opportunity right now. The stars are aging quickly and if Cam is going to take us to another SB, it will not be when he's well into his 30s. It will be in the next 3 years in my opinion, or never again. Similarly with Luke, in about 3 years he will start to look less like the best LB in the NFL, and more like an aging veteran who still has a great game here and there.

Star and KK will be close to 30 years old, Coleman too. Olsen will be past his prime, Stewart will be innefective. 

So I'm saying the next 3 years are critical to this current roster's chances of winning a championship. And with the money spent on free agents, the signing of vet players with playoff experience, etc. One would think this organization felt it had a chance this year to make a strong SB push. After injuries and dysfunction across the board have shown themselves in the first 3 games, the question is: do you make moves to improve immediately by sacrificing some of the future flexibility? Or do you admit defeat and blow up the roster to ensure future viability? Or do you sit back and watch the ship sink while collecting the fans' hard earned money and hit reset in the off-season?

These types of discussions would be fun to have in a fantasy trade thread in my opinion. I'd love to know what the huddle thinks!

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Whenever the Mike Shula offense got too ambitious and ahead of itself in Tampa Bay, Tony Dungy would force him to scale back the playbook.

Too many penalties, missed assignments, wrong routes, bad reads? Scale it back. Go simple. Better to fully understand a more simple offense than to half ass a much more complex one. 

So, I think that is worth a shot now. It isn't like the opposing defenses respect our offense at all to begin with. Instead of adding more convoluted misdirection plays, put a helmet on a helmet and try moving the ball with everyone on the same page and a much smaller margin for mental errors. 

And I could win the lottery too but the odds of that happening are on par with Shula's ability to "evolve".

If I'm reading the OP correctly, are you seriously suggesting the current offense is "complex?" Hate to disagree, but this offense is far from complex. Hell, the most difficult thing this team does is getting plays from booth to Cam, from Cam to team in huddle, get the team to the LOS and get the snap off. All within 40 seconds.

I didn't pay much attention thru the preseason, so I'm not sure how many disillusioned fans who frequent the Huddle actually believed this team was playoff caliber. But c'mon, you guys. The GM who got fired was brought back. Didn't that tell you anything? 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

2 TE set

59c822f7c8779_ScreenShot2017-04-16at11_21_48PM.png.ade43d564fd49865105b9d3c22e02564.png

59c852e54d1a4_HeavyOffense1.thumb.png.aea58316bde0142144891a861ff371a1.png59bee0d94c853_ScreenShot2017-09-17at4_53_05PM.thumb.png.cb69842d4509005d4932e959e7d4c600.png

Archived