• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fiz's Guide to Cheering for a Bad Team

Fiz

When I was in Special Ops, we were the ones chopping off kids arms. Only because we couldn't water board them. Little Mofo's had a lot of valuable intel and we were getting it...

Arm meat is mostly dark meat. Grills up nice and moist. The younger the arm the more tender. Pantha san grilled up a mess for us out there in HELL where he lives. Thanks again Bro!

Great write-up as always, though I would say this team is most like the 06 team. Both teams coming off successful previous seasons, then doing nothing to improve the team in the off-season and suffering the consequences the year after. Every time I think about the 06 team I wonder how the hell we got to 8-8, we were mediocre, inconsistent, and our coaching was stale. Hmm, sound like this year?

Great write-up as always, though I would say this team is most like the 06 team. Both teams coming off successful previous seasons, then doing nothing to improve the team in the off-season and suffering the consequences the year after. Every time I think about the 06 team I wonder how the hell we got to 8-8, we were mediocre, inconsistent, and our coaching was stale. Hmm, sound like this year?

it's called beating an equally mediocre team and a team that had already clinched and rested most of their starters that's the difference we were 8-8 instead of another 7-9 or 6-10.

This was great. Yeah, don't have that sick feeling anymore after first few game of figuring out we do suck this year. It could be worse, we could be Detroit. LOL Oh, wait a minute, they won a game. I guess we are Detroit only in Carolina. Always next season, except it's a long ways away. I love you Panthers and always will.

Excellent write-up, Fiz. Enough truth and amusement to appeal to everyone.

For myself, I pretty much expected this team to be a big disappointment before the year anyway, so it isn't as much of a shock to see them be as pathetic as they are. Sadly, being from a "loser fanbase" background, the quicker you give up hope, the easier it is to watch the games and walk away from that ledge.

At this point, I am mainly watching to see what personnel and coaching decisions are going to change. You have to figure that if the losing continues, the heat is going to rise dramatically and I am interested to see how the players and coaches respond to that.

Archived