• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Beachum, Russell Okung, Andrew whitworth, Cam Robinson are all thriving at left tackle

Xavier

If this is Gettlemans worse mistake I'll take it 100x over Hurney's.

Regardless, year after year you guys bitch about GMs and coaches as if they make a difference. JR puts them in place and handcuffing them with his meddling. We need a new owner, bad.

2 minutes ago, Lumps said:

If this is Gettlemans worse mistake I'll take it 100x over Hurney's.

Regardless, year after year you guys bitch about GMs and coaches as if they make a difference. JR puts them in place and handcuffing them with his meddling. We need a new owner, bad.

Tell me what mistake could possibly be worse than inheriting a MVP winning, franchise level QB, and surrounding him with the worst tackles in NFL history through his career (after forcing Jordan Gross to retire early), and subsequently causing him to suffer so many concussions and hits to the head, the MVP QB loses his ability to play football in his 20s

I can't think of a worse mistake by any general manager in the NFL, let alone Hurney

Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, Matt Kalil, are the type of decisions that ruin a franchise QB for good;  Gettleman inherited a hall of fame QB and destroyed his career with lack of protection.

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

Tell me what mistake could possibly be worse than inheriting a MVP winning, franchise level QB, and surrounding him with the worst tackles in NFL history through his career (after forcing Jordan Gross to retire early), and subsequently causing him to suffer so many concussions and hits to the head, the MVP QB loses his ability to play football in his 20s

I can't think of a worse mistake by any general manager in the NFL, let alone Hurney

Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, Matt Kalil, are the type of decisions that ruin a franchise QB for good;  Gettleman inherited a hall of fame QB and destroyed his career with lack of protection.

Having your qb take the beating of a rb because your OC can't come up with a decent game plan other than beat your qb into the ground. Cam has consistently held onto the ball too long instead of throwing it away, or he tries to run over people instead of sliding to protect his body. The NFL has allowed open season on Cam and he is not treated as a qb by the refs. Getting decent tackles is 100% on Gettleman but let's not pretend it's all his fault.  

Archived