• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vicious Circle

Jeremy Igo

I've seen Cam throw incredibly accurate throws and accurate throws across the middle, off-shoulder, deep and most other routes.  Sole exception of the touch pass.  So the ability is clearly there, even this year with the repaired shoulder.

The problem is consistency.  You can blame coaching or inability to receive coaching or the inability to practice (or a combination).  Cam doesn't have to lead the league in passing % for this team to win but he does obviously need to step it up.  

5 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

I've seen Cam throw incredibly accurate throws and accurate throws across the middle, off-shoulder, deep and most other routes.  Sole exception of the touch pass.  So the ability is clearly there, even this year with the repaired shoulder.

The problem is consistency.  You can blame coaching or inability to receive coaching or the inability to practice (or a combination).  Cam doesn't have to lead the league in passing % for this team to win but he does obviously need to step it up.  

To be completely fair, Cam was looking pretty damn sharp even last year before the injury. He took a beating starting with the season opener, and it all went downhill from there. If he keeps taking those hits in the pocket, none of this matters. Cam still has some things to work on like any QB, but at some point fans with functioning brains have to start putting two and two together and ask why the hell this franchise has struggled so much at building a consistent OL to adequately protect our MVP. There are a lot of factors at play, of course. But that is what it all boils down to really, because if there's no Cam, there's no Super Bowl in sight.

Cam is inaccurate during game -> Cam needs practice to increase accuracy -> Cam can't practice due to sore shoulder -> Cam plays in the game -> Panthers win the game

At least include all the steps. He may be healing still but he is the best option if the team wants to win. 

Cam has never been that accurate, but this is one of the worst defenses, especially pass defenses in the NFL.

Either Cam does well, or even Anderson could probably navigate through the Saints horrible secondary and let Cams shoulder get ready for the Pats

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

To be completely fair, Cam was looking pretty damn sharp even last year before the injury. He took a beating starting with the season opener, and it all went downhill from there. If he keeps taking those hits in the pocket, none of this matters. Cam still has some things to work on like any QB, but at some point fans with functioning brains have to start putting two and two together and ask why the hell this franchise has struggled so much at building a consistent OL to adequately protect our MVP. There are a lot of factors at play, of course. But that is what it all boils down to really, because if there's no Cam, there's no Super Bowl in sight.

2 hours ago, rodeo said:

I think people are making too much of his accuracy. He was bad for the first half of game 1, but since the second half of that game he's been fine. Every qb has a few bad throws.

Yes to both of these. Cam looked rusty as hell in the 1st half of week one but since then he's looked pretty much himself in terms of throwing the ball. He's always going to have the tendency to sail a couple of balls a game. I doubt that will ever change.

6 hours ago, csx said:

We already do that. We've been doing that. Pay attention.

I guess they need to line up in-line so he can actually see them. Kinda funny for someone to harp on something that is already happening. But you got to give it to him, cuz once he latches on to an idea. He ain't letting it go. I've taken to calling him the "Pit Bull". lol

20 hours ago, rodeo said:

I think people are making too much of his accuracy. He was bad for the first half of game 1, but since the second half of that game he's been fine. Every qb has a few bad throws.

I don't know about that myself. Week 2 his accuracy was just bad even when compared to some of his other bad throws. Personally I really think he really needs the practice. I mean how many other QB's have had a shoulder surgery and come back and have been limited so much in practice and especially preseason. I still think Cam will be fine but I just think he really needs those reps that they aren't giving him since they want to be so careful. I get what they want to do by trying to be easy on him but the question is are they being a little too careful?

Archived