• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No excuses.

Jeremy Igo

This will be the first legit offense we've faced, so yeah, I don't think the defense will look AS great. I don't see us holding the Saints to single digits and I definitely don't think we win this game on Gano's leg but I do think we can hold them to under 20. I mean, they aren't exactly setting the world on fire scoring 19 and 20 points in their first two games. We're averaging 16ppg to their 19.5ppg but they're giving up 32.5ppg to our 4.5ppg. Offenses are fairly similar with a huge discrepancy in our defenses.

2 hours ago, PhillyB said:

I agree in principle but Olsen being gone is a fairly decent excuse 

i agree, but i also thought the same thing about KB going out a couple years ago.

olsen > than KB, but with that said cam has shown a tendency to rely on those two guys almost too much. olsen being out might help cam spread the ball out even more.

of course then it could be he just throws to KB more. i don't know. i'm hoping that with armah coming in to help protect cam we'll be better off and that we'll start seeing that we've got some other decent targets worth throwing to.

I'm glad that Igo actually said it. Must have been a spiked latte.

I've been pounding that drum for the last day. Not only is excuse time up against a Saints team that is historically bad on defense, excuse time is up period! 

Cam, Stew, CMC, Benjamin, Samuel and Funchess. Not to mention the O-line. That's a whole lotta draft stock right there. 

Don't be the pansies that can't score on one of the most inept defenses that has ever been assembled on an NFL gridiron!

1 minute ago, csx said:

A white rb and a black QB. I guess there's no hope right?

Cam is great. Nobody throws deeper more routinely than he does so fug all the "oh his rating and % aren't good" and along with the fact he throws deeper more routinely than any other QB, he's also never had anybody good after the catch besides a 30+ Smith

Look...I get that people have anxiety about the offense's anemic start to the season.  The SF game looked like a preseason snoozer and the Bills game looked like Jimmy Clausen was back at QB.  I'm not happy with what I've seen so far and it doesn't bode well that the OL is already having injuries and some pretty glaring protection issues.  I would like to see CMC break every run for a 70 yd. TD just like everyone else.

However, Shula was only part of the problem and really, in my mind, lack of execution was more to blame last week.  Cam is still rusty and I'm not entirely confident he will ever get back to his 2015 form.

The important thing is we still won.  This defense is on another level.  The offense needs to do better and I think they will.  But I'm not going to sit here and say I won't be satisfied until they put up 40+ points a game.  If they can put up 20-24 points, we have a great chance of winning any game on the schedule.

Yes, I want to see max value from our draft picks.  Yes, I love it when we seal the win by halftime.

Still, I'd rather win a game 9-3, than lose a game 41-38.

Now, if they come out and only score 9 pts. against the Saints, then yes...we are fugged.  But remember that McDermott knows our protections inside and out.  He knows our playbook, plus the Bills have a great pass rushing LB and a pro bowl caliber safety.

It wasn't pretty (nor was SF) but it was still a win and at this point 2-0 is the only stat that matters.

I think the offense will have success this week, but there will never be a perfect performance.  I look for growth,  but if we only win by 10 instead of by 30, that won't be cause for panic.

We only need to win by 1 to get the W.

3 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

After watching the 49ers no gain a single sack last night I can't help but wonder maybe our week one offensive line play wasn't because we were good as much as the 49ers are that bad at getting to the QB.

I think most of us realized that sunday

Archived