• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No excuses.

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Starting to hear excuses for the offense already.

Sorry, there are no excuses.

The Panthers have 4 first round picks and two second round picks at offensive skill positions at their disposal. Plenty of fire power to score on the Saints.

Time for a solid 30+ point game. 

Yesterday in another thread you had us putting up 24. What caused the change?

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is why I'm not getting too cocky about facing the Saints. Divisional games are a different animal.

We won a low scoring brawl against the Saints in 2013. We won a high stakes shootout in 2015 even though we had a good defense that year as well. You never really know.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Starting to hear excuses for the offense already.

Sorry, there are no excuses.

The Panthers have 4 first round picks and two second round picks at offensive skill positions at their disposal. Plenty of fire power to score on the Saints.

Time for a solid 30+ point game. 

When will the Huddle learn that Riveria and co. do not want this offense putting up 30 points over TOP, ball-control offense? Riviera and co. could care less if each game ends in 10-13 victories for the Panthers. 

The Panthers were not built to score 30 points (yes, I know that we play the Saints). It is built to hold the Saints to 10 points. 

2 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

When will the Huddle learn that Riveria and co. do not want this offense putting up 30 points over TOP, ball-control offense? Riviera and co. could care less if each game ends in 10-13 victories for the Panthers. 

The Panthers were not built to score 30 points (yes, I know that we play the Saints). It is built to hold the Saints to 10 points. 

The Panthers are built to score 40. Shula on the other hand is never going to do that. We could have easily put up 35 on the 49ers and should have. Chud showed us Rivera would allow such a offense but Shula will never be able to do that 

2 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

I'd be fine too if we won every game 13-10, but it's just not realistic. There are going to be games when our defense isn't pitching a shutout. We haven't faced a real quality offense yet. We're not going to hold every team in the NFL to single digits like we have the Niners and Bills. If you want to be an elite team, you gotta be able to win all types of games. Defensive slugfests, offensive shootouts, and everything in between. So far, it looks like the only type of game we can win is a defensive slugfest. 

Definitely hope we can get our offense on track, but Cam's rustiness and this OL's ineptness is definitely concerning. The latter far more than the former IMO. I think we all expected Cam to be rusty early, but the way this OL played last Sunday is a recipe for disaster. It looked like last season all over again. They HAVE to play better.

Archived