• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Man(hertz) up

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I would rather see the starters just step up and make more plays. I doubt there is a big trust factor between Cam and Manhertz just yet and Dickson deserves the chance to produce in the passing game anyway. After all, he's the one who's been doing most of the dirty work for little or no glory for the last 6 years.

This is his fourth year on the team, and "most of the dirty work" is a gross exaggeration. 

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

OK, so he has been doing the happy fun time work of blocking defensive linemen and LBers and then getting the reward of being bashed for it by the fan base. Better?

In his 3 years here he's played in 47%, 54% and 43% of snaps. And even of that low number of snaps he wasn't doing dirty work for all of them. 

3 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Well Cam sure as hell hasn't been throwing him the ball on many of those snaps, so what do you suppose he was doing?

Running routes not getting open, dropping passes.

look I don't even dislike Dickson that much. I do wish we'd get a legit #2 TE to grow and take over for Olsen, but I have no antipathy toward Dickson. It's just that your comment about him doing "most of the dirty work" couldn't be let slide. 

If for nothing else I'll always remember Dickson for actually catching the most ridiculously amazing short pass I've ever seen in my 25 years of watching football. The Matrix pass around that defenders helmet with Dickson diving for it. 

Edit: a pass, might I add, that if Brady or Rodgers had thrown would have gotten its own A Football Life. Since Cam threw it it got a sport center highlight then forgotten the next week by all but Panthers fans. 

9 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Running routes not getting open, dropping passes.

look I don't even dislike Dickson that much. I do wish we'd get a legit #2 TE to grow and take over for Olsen, but I have no antipathy toward Dickson. It's just that your comment about him doing "most of the dirty work" couldn't be let slide. 

He was blocking on at least 90% of those snaps. That's what he does. Even if he ends up as an outlet receiver, he has to make a block first.

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He was blocking on at least 90% of those snaps. That's what he does. Even if he ends up as an outlet receiver, he has to make a block first.

Greg does the same thing , just runs the route at elite level. 

Dickson should put up some good numbers now with Manhertz taking on more of the dirty work but Manhertz should get decent target it's better to keep the blocking balanced between them which keeps the defense guessing.

Archived