• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Random question concerning RT/LT importance

Sampson

So, as we all know, LTs are considered the most important/sought-after position on the offensive line... but I was wondering if you had a QB that was left handed, would RT be more important? Is it the fact that LT protects your QBs blindside which makes it important, or is it something technically that makes it harder to find a good LT? I hear that some players can play RT, but wouldn't be able to play LT, why is that?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Sampson said:

So, as we all know, LTs are considered the most important/sought-after position on the offensive line... but I was wondering if you had a QB that was left handed, would RT be more important? Is it the fact that LT protects your QBs blindside which makes it important, or is it something technically that makes it harder to find a good LT? I hear that some players can play RT, but wouldn't be able to play LT, why is that?

Thanks!

Yes, for left handed QB's the right tackle is considered more important as he protects the QB's blind side. 

Archived