• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Klein Factor

Jeremy Igo

yeah...not worried. even with klein having some insider knowledge. he doesn't really have the supporting cast that can do much with it.

i mean maybe i should be worried after the lackluster start we've had but i'm not. they've got the worst defense in the league right now.

if we can't get the offense going this week....at home....against the worst D in the league we might have an issue. i don't think we will though.

AJ has plenty of practice reps against our offense, but Im pretty sure he spent more time studying Brees than he did Cam.

Im more worried about what he can tell Drew about our D.  Remember he never sat in the QB or WR meetings but he sat in every LB meeting and knows all of the "tells" we have figured out about Drew.

Only two things concern me

1. 0-2 teams about to go 0-3 are desperate teams. The Panthers must keep a foot on throat the entire time offensively and defensively..some thing they do not always do

2. Never under estimate a division rival. They know the Panthers quite well but frankly, I'm more concerned about the Panthers  offense  losing the game then The defense or anything the Saints do

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Will Klein's knowledge of Shula and his system play any role on Sunday? 

Well........everyone knows Shula doesn't know how to adjust.  

And anyone who has watched panthers games longer than this season can tell you the offense hasn't really evolved.

Klein should have a good grip on Shulas playbook.    This game is going to be another tough one like the Buffalo game.

They have terrible LBs, so if Shula could use half his brain and really get CMC involved in the passing game we should have a big advantage.

I think it is funny that people here actually think Klein knows the Panthers offensive playbook better than the Saints coaches who have tape on the Panthers offense going back since the day Ron started coaching.  Klein doesn't know tendancies, etc. As a defensive player, he isn't studying what the Panthers do on 3rd and 2 from midfield. The Saints coaches on the other hand know all of that info. 

Archived