• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning the page - New Orleans Saints - What do ya know?

Jeremy Igo

Typical saints team of the past few years.  Gonna throw it a ton, and will struggle to run. They want the ball in Brees' hands though, so we have to get some pressure on him.  Pass rush isnt terrible but after that they have issues from backers to DBs, if we give Cam time we shouldnt have much issue driving on them. They struggle with TES, so maybe cam and dickson can connect. Other than that its the usual division matchup so we better come to play. That offense can erupt at any moment and if our d has a bad day which isnt likely, we need our offense to come through. Need to get an earlier lead.

I know that New Orleans is a city built below sea-level directly on the coast, perpetually smells like urine, the only place I have seen both an open to the public attempted rape and a mutually consenting BJ in adjacent alleys in the same night, and this guy is the mayor...

got-game-of-thrones-30249051-500-250.gif

4 hours ago, SIGCHI222 said:

I know that New Orleans is a city built below sea-level directly on the coast, perpetually smells like urine, the only place I have seen both an open to the public attempted rape and a mutually consenting BJ in adjacent alleys in the same night, and this guy is the mayor...

got-game-of-thrones-30249051-500-250.gif

I don't even want to say what all I experienced in that city when I went there to help rebuild homes after Katrina. Oh the horror

What I know/have seen of New Orleans is what everybody here has said.

- No real defense. They have a couple of guys that CAN make plays (Cam Jordan and Jairus Byrd. Yes, I realize a lot of people view him as a weakness, but he's good IMO), but often don't because the gaping holes elsewhere can take them out of the game for the most part. Literally, run opposite of Jordan and pick on any other secondary player. You've taken their best playmakers out.

- OL is pretty average. Our front 7 will eat.

- AP is not the same in this system. Pass happy offense. Vicodin Boy can't utilize AP's strengths.

- No real threat special teams wise aside from a solid punter. Given the fact that we'll give up so few first downs back-to-back, this won't exactly destroy field position for us.

- Brees is still Brees so we can't just sit in zone because he will get his throws.

Get after Brees, put up 17+ points by halftime so they're forced to play one dimensional football and this is a cakewalk. Fail to do either of those, Saints can still steal it if only because of Brees. Think we give up our first TD defensively this season, but only 1 and it'll probably be early.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/09/saints_sterling_moore_suffered.html

Leaves the Saints further depleted at CB.   Lattimore in concussion protocol, Moore out, Breaux has been injured along with several others.  Reminding me of our secondary around the @ ATL, @ NO games last year for us.  We've got to be able to take advantage.

Archived