• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning the page - New Orleans Saints - What do ya know?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Offensive line is banged up, and it shows. Peat has moved over to LT and Ramczyk to RT in abscence of Strief. The interior has really been the issue though, with pressure in Drews face. I don't think Unger is 100%, but he's playing through it. Warford has underwhelmed as he's trying to get his feet under him. Struggles with the offensive line have kept the running game from getting off the ground. There's simply no room. Right now, this offense is really missing Snead. He was a our 3rd down chain mover. The slot mismatch. Teams are doubling and even triple covering Thomas. Offense has really struggled in the red zone. 

The defense lol. I think they've actually gotten decent pressure, they just can't cover. Game 1 was a lot of cover 2. Bradford picked it apart. The WRs went off. Game 2 he switched to man, and the WRs were pretty quiet, but Gronk and the RBs picked on LBs and Safties (Vacarro). On plays where there is good coverage, it seems there's no pressure, or if there's good pressure, there's no coverage. On Gronks long TD, Anzalone ran all the way across the field with him for a good 5 seconds, only to peek into the backfield and realize the ball was in the air and trip. Now, Brady was actually being pulled down by Rankins, so it was a heck of a throw, but the pressure took too long. 

Basically, they look pretty bad. I expect the offense to look a lot like game 1 against the Vikings, because that defense is legit as well. Don't see us slowing down the offense, especially if Lattimore is out. 

13 points tops for your O. Could be enough to win against our poo O though...

4 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

People talking a lot of poo about how "bad" the Saints are.  But do I necessarily think we would have beaten the Vikings in Minnesota or the Patriots at home?  No I don't lol

Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen may sack Cam 6 times each in December unless we do something about our tackle situation 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I know that even if we win, folks will be calling for Shula's head around here. This is the least happy 2-0 fanbase in the country right now.

It's not that we are unhappy with the over all team.  We're unhappy with shula.  My goodness how much proof does someone need to have to know shula is not a good OC.  The time develop for the plays alone is enough in my book. 

1 minute ago, ThPantherFan said:

It's not that we are unhappy with the over all team.  We're unhappy with shula.  My goodness how much proof does someone need to have to know shula is not a good OC.  The time develop for the plays alone is enough in my book. 

I'm not sure if once the ball is snapped, Shula can run down the field for the pass or drag a pulling guard along. Some of that has to go on the players. Most of these "slow-developing" plays are run by just about every other team as well. As so many have said, Shula isn't innovating much here. Choosing such plays is in his wheelhouse and he should take some heat for it, but professional players should be able to hustle out there and make some of those plays happen. The players have to bear some of the responsibility on this as well.

Now, that being said, the Panthers throughout the Rivera regime, have traditionally come out of the blocks pretty slow. Maybe it is the South Carolina heat that drags the oomph out of them at Wofford and it takes September to get everyone up to speed, but sluggish September is a Panther trait. This year seems to be excruciatingly sluggish and there's rust on our offense from Cam on down, which may simply be a backlash from Cam not being under center much in camp and the preseason. It's not just him working through the rust, but most of these guys have been moving at a Derek Anderson pace up until 2 weeks ago... and DA isn't exactly The Flash.

We should pick up the pace this weekend and the Saints (hopefully) will be a chance to get the offense hitting on all cylinders. It should also be a chance to prove what our defense really has to offer.

But two wins and no losses should buy a guy a break or two. Or at least let someone lift the needle off of the scratched record for a few minutes.

5 hours ago, joemac said:

10-7 Panthers. We eek out a close win at the end. Panthers go up 7-0 on the opening drive, then sit on the ball and play prevent offense, leading 7-3 going into the 2 minute warning. We then allow Brees to march the Saints to within striking range, only to break up a pass in the end zone as time expires to hold on for the win.

Sound about right?

Your prediction is mathematically impossible unless the get 2 safeties in the final 2 minutes. But your premise has a certain historical accuracy. 

Edit: sorry, someone beat me it. Keep pounding!

Saints are going to allow a historic amount of yards through the air this year. They already made Bradford look great, and he's arguably the worst QB they face (outside of Chicago & NYJ). 

Sun, Sep 24
@
4BdHvKq4Iyxsp8WaAbpDuQ_56x42.pngPanthers

1:00 PM

Sun, Oct 1
vs
1ysKnl7VwOQO8g94gbjKdQ_56x42.pngDolphins

9:30 AM

Sun, Oct 15
vs
WE1l856fyyHh6eAbbb8hQQ_56x42.pngLions

Sun, Oct 22
@
IlA4VGrUHzSVLCOcHsRKgg_56x42.pngPackers

Sun, Oct 29
vs
7uaGv3B13mXyBhHcTysHcA_56x42.pngBears

Sun, Nov 5
vs
cv5_3oTDQB0gT7l0g2gSGg_56x42.pngBuccaneers

Sun, Nov 12
@
_RMCkIDTISqCPcSoEvRDhg_56x42.pngBills

Sun, Nov 19
vs
z_Or7w7bQ_ALmWUNsdd7AQ_56x42.pngRedskins

Sun, Nov 26
@
UyYc_V_6Vabrvr7ous98_A_56x42.pngRams

4:05 PM

Sun, Dec 3
vs
4BdHvKq4Iyxsp8WaAbpDuQ_56x42.pngPanthers

Thu, Dec 7
@
QNdwQPxtIRYUhnMBYq-bSA_56x42.pngFalcons

8:25 PM

Sun, Dec 17
vs
Rb4y9m3hkTcYVmdl10geqw_56x42.pngJets

Sun, Dec 24
vs
QNdwQPxtIRYUhnMBYq-bSA_56x42.pngFalcons

Sun, Dec 31
@
cv5_3oTDQB0gT7l0g2gSGg_56x42.pngBuccaneers

Having a Hall of Fame pass rusher and much more depth than that coming off our bench is gonna really help against their depleted OL.  I don't think our offense is just going to up and randomly explode and we'll keep it close by snapping the ball with -3 seconds on every play instead of lulling them into a shootout which we would win.  Their secondary got absolutely torched by Bradford.  The CBs weren't close downfield and Thielen was all over them deep.  If our OL gives some time, our 40 yard downfield routes might start paying off hard this game.  This worries me cause it will give everyone including himself false confidence over Shula's O with the 10 year development 40 yard route plays when they work against a historically bad defense void of defensive backfield talent.  

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Ingram has actually been decent.  Its baffling to me why they signed AP when they had a perfectly good rb and so much need in other areas.  

Sean Payton loves running back by committee. I would have  stuck with the hot hand in Ingram though and addressed other areas. 

Archived