• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning the page - New Orleans Saints - What do ya know?

Jeremy Igo

Saints are bad, they're on pace to give up 8000+ yards on defense. Injuries on their Oline mean that they can't move the ball consistently. A good chunk of the posters on Saints report want Brees to play elsewhere next year so that he has another chance for a ring.

It's a division game and Brees always gives you a punchers chance, but I'd be really surprised if the Panthers lose. Think the panthers would have to make a lot of mistakes just for the game to be close.

I'm rooting for the panthers this game, because, if the Saints rally and get to 500 or so for the season, we may get Peyton and Brees for another 3 years. If the Saints bottom out this year, good bet that Brees is playing elsewhere [hopefully AFC] next year. 

I'm fully expecting a win, but I think it will be closer and lower-scoring than many expect.

Here's a look at Panthers vs. New Orleans history since 2011:

59c139ad2be70_PanthersvNewOrleanssince2011.png.1f67be72a915848ece5bbb48c10db409.png

We've won 4 of 6 at home, but our point scored average at home vs. the Saints is only 23 points...

Our margins of victories in our 4 wins:  8, 4, 5, 3

Even in 2015, when we had the #1 point scoring offense in the league and Saints had the #32 defense in the league, we only won 27-22.  That was week 3 when our offense was still getting up to speed.

We surely DON'T have the #1 offense in the league at the moment (we're currently #22 based on points scored), though I have confidence Cam is shaking off the rust.  But of course we've lost Greg...

I'm thinking a *realistic* prediction could be 20-13 or 20-17 Panthers.  I'm counting on our defense to show up and ball out again.  Keeping Brees under 20 points would be a big win and no shame to our defense! (Our great 2013 defense allowed 13 points at home).

My hoped-for (homeristic) prediction is something like 27-10 or 34-10.  Hoping that Cam & our offense will come out with a fire lit under them, anger at their poor play and want to prove something...!

Did a bit more digging...

Looking at scores for all Saints games since beginning of 2014 (that's 50 games played), only 7 times have the Saints held an opponent to less than 20 points.  (3 games in 2014, 2 in 2015, 2 in 2016).  This list includes the 2014 Panthers who lost 10 - 28 to the Saints at home in week 9 (the 3rd loss in the middle of our 6 game losing streak).

We just need to be aware of Ginn. I know he has bad hands, but he was insulted by what we offered him and has something to prove. With that said I say we win 31-17 with  CMC and Samuel (really want us to use him right) getting their first touchdowns. I might even say Worley gets a pick to show his haters how terrible he is...

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We just need to be aware of Ginn. I know he has bad hands, but he was insulted by what we offered him and has something to prove. With that said I say we win 31-17 with  CMC and Samuel (really want us to use him right) getting their first touchdowns. I might even say Worley gets a pick to show his haters how terrible he is...

If anything Ginn will prove us right by managing to get wide open and then dropping it.

Archived