• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning the page - New Orleans Saints - What do ya know?

Jeremy Igo

Offensive line is banged up, and it shows. Peat has moved over to LT and Ramczyk to RT in abscence of Strief. The interior has really been the issue though, with pressure in Drews face. I don't think Unger is 100%, but he's playing through it. Warford has underwhelmed as he's trying to get his feet under him. Struggles with the offensive line have kept the running game from getting off the ground. There's simply no room. Right now, this offense is really missing Snead. He was a our 3rd down chain mover. The slot mismatch. Teams are doubling and even triple covering Thomas. Offense has really struggled in the red zone. 

The defense lol. I think they've actually gotten decent pressure, they just can't cover. Game 1 was a lot of cover 2. Bradford picked it apart. The WRs went off. Game 2 he switched to man, and the WRs were pretty quiet, but Gronk and the RBs picked on LBs and Safties (Vacarro). On plays where there is good coverage, it seems there's no pressure, or if there's good pressure, there's no coverage. On Gronks long TD, Anzalone ran all the way across the field with him for a good 5 seconds, only to peek into the backfield and realize the ball was in the air and trip. Now, Brady was actually being pulled down by Rankins, so it was a heck of a throw, but the pressure took too long. 

Basically, they look pretty bad. I expect the offense to look a lot like game 1 against the Vikings, because that defense is legit as well. Don't see us slowing down the offense, especially if Lattimore is out. 

Adrian Peterson has an incredibly limited role at RB, Payton despises Ingram so they picked up the rookie Kamara and have been running him a bit.  Despite this, they've still been passing a poo ton. They are failing to convert on third down, and failing to score once they get in the red zone. Brees has a completion percentage of just over 50 percent. Cooks is gone, Snead is suspended. Fleener has had a play or two, but nothing insane. Michael Thomas hasn't looked stellar thus far.

The defense is bad. Vaccaro is on the trade block and just got benched. The defense is "allowing an opponent passer rating of 141.4 while quarterbacks complete 80.3 percent of passes." There is a lot of turnover on defense and guys still aren't comfortable. They're giving up the deep ball with alarming consistency... the Patriots had nine plays of 21 or more yards, including a 53-yard TD to Gronk. And when they are getting turnovers, they're called back on penalties.

This will be a good test for the secondary, the Saints might not have Brandin Cooks but they still have vertical speed with Lewis and Ginn. I don't expect them to be able to run the ball effectively so they can afford to drop more guys into coverage.

The Panthers offense can hang 30+ points this game if the game plan is to actually attack the Saints weakness on defense instead of focusing on "what we do".

If they decide to run through 8 or 9 man fronts because they want to be physical, then they will keep the Saints in the game like they did with the Bills. This game calls for Samuel and CMC to combine for 10+ receptions. The Saints LBs cannot cover in space, spread them out.

14 minutes ago, SgtJoo said:

Adrian Peterson has an incredibly limited role at RB, Payton despises Ingram so they picked up the rookie Kamara and have been running him a bit.  Despite this, they've still been passing a poo ton. They are failing to convert on third down, and failing to score once they get in the red zone. Brees has a completion percentage of just over 50 percent. Cooks is gone, Snead is suspended. Fleener has had a play or two, but nothing insane. Michael Thomas hasn't looked stellar thus far.

The defense is bad. Vaccaro is on the trade block and just got benched. The defense is "allowing an opponent passer rating of 141.4 while quarterbacks complete 80.3 percent of passes." There is a lot of turnover on defense and guys still aren't comfortable. They're giving up the deep ball with alarming consistency... the Patriots had nine plays of 21 or more yards, including a 53-yard TD to Gronk. And when they are getting turnovers, they're called back on penalties.

Only thing I'll disagree with is Michael Thomas. Thomas has looked good in limited opportunities. He's literally being doubled every play. Even inside the 5, the Pats had a safety walk over and double him.

23 minutes ago, joemac said:

10-7 Panthers. We eek out a close win at the end. Panthers go up 7-0 on the opening drive, then sit on the ball and play prevent offense, leading 7-3 going into the 2 minute warning. We then allow Brees to march the Saints to within striking range, only to break up a pass in the end zone as time expires to hold on for the win.

Sound about right?

I think I pulled a brain muscle trying to figure out how the score went from Panthers leading 7-3 going into the 2 minute warning to Panthers winning 10-7. Panthers FG, and 2 Saints safeties?

1 minute ago, sharkkiller said:

I think I pulled a brain muscle trying to figure out how the score went from Panthers leading 7-3 going into the 2 minute warning to Panthers winning 10-7. Panthers FG, and 2 Saints safeties?

Lol yeah I messed that one up....the message remains the same though. Meant to say we win 7-3.

W Snead is still out, I believe one more week.

Ginn has been catching more balls. I think the stat they showed was during his time here his drop rate was 40%. So far in NO he has reduced that to 20%. Still not very good, but much better then his recent history.

Peterson is not happy with how he is being used. 6 and 8 rushes the past two weeks.

18 minutes ago, Marguide said:

Question for Saints4lifeagain...what's the story on SP hating Ingram? What happened?

I don't think SP hates Ingram. He just runs a RBBC system. Always has. First year here was Reggie and Deuce. Then Reggie, Deuce and PT. Then Reggie, PT, and Mike Bell. Then Ingram, PT, and Ivory. Ivory was replaced by Robinson. Robinson got replaced by Hightower. He's just always used multiple running backs. He's dealt with a lot of RB injuries over the years, so I don't expect it to change. Ingram hasn't shown the ability to stay on the field, even in a sharing role.

Archived