• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different view on the red zone pass to CMC...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The DE on Williams was almost backwards when Cam threw it and he wasn't in the throwing lane. He doesn't have to set his feet. Lots of QBs throw on the run. He wasn't throwing it across his body the other way he was throwing it the way he was moving which is much easier. It was just a plain bad throw and the hop didn't help and wasn't close to necessary. Cam knows it and he's still rusty, there's no doubt. He'll make that throw and thankfully we are still right at 2-0. 

Wrong,  watch again and no one is questioning Cam's rust. 

43 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

No tf he did not. You see Cam CLEARLY looking at the LB in the gap Ed is going to go. He knew that LBer was going to sit. He then watched CMC who was going to be in a 1on1 situation. He just missed, badly. You people fuging kill me

Correct, Cam was looking to the middle until he rolled to the right. I'd bet my paycheck that CMC was the first read though.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

giphy.gif

Makes me wonder if that is Olsen and not Dickson does Cam throw it immediately for 6. 

ESPN QB did a film piece on Newton and as I share in another post, he said for that  field position in the shot gun, his drop is too deep even though he had a pocket to step up into and complete the pass, he drops too far back for that pass and off balance and on his back foot thus out of angle all but guaranteeing an incompletion 

he does this a lot.  Of all eligible  QBs, he has the worst %. For 3rd down completions per ESPN 

is some of this the poor play calling on first and second down by Shula, you betcha, oline yes, but Newton bears responsibility too

i have seldom ever seen him actually step up in the pocket, he seems to either stand as a statue or run

i found it very interesting that Rivera said 'Kalil has to get used to Newton and his deep drops'.  Maybe that's part of the problem.  Maybe Rivera us not forcing better technique from Newton along with Kalil

sometimes the way we have always done things needed to be changed to get better. If you have ever tried to change muscle memory, you know what I mean

for those who say he has always done that, I would say ok, keep doing what you have always done and get what you have always got.  NFL defensive coaches know this too. So did Sean and that probably helps to explain the six sacks

we need better coaches for Newton. As he says, 'simple and plain'

i want him in ,the  HOF with rings . Not in the hospital 

Great route by CMC, pretty good playcall too....just a piss poor throw by Cam, and one he wishes he had back.

Footwork is going to be an issue for Cam his entire career, and it will hinder him.

P.S. every season that Cam has to rehab, he doesn't get to work on his mechanics...something he needs to do.

Yea I am now seeing his dropping back from the gun even more on his own...there is 0 reason to go that far back when you're already back in the gun...he is putting himself in line with where edge rushers go without them even having to change their direction. If he's a few steps forward the rushers will be too far outside to affect him....(not just talking about this play)

Archived