• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As far as Funchess goes...

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

My obligatory post reminding everyone he is only 23 yrs old.

He is 1 yr older than KB when he was drafted. Think about it for a second.

Kelvin was 23 when drafted, so Funchess in his third year with the team is the same age as Kelvin in his first. Thus, Funchess should have plenty of time to improve his technique and physicality as he is still growing into his frame, the problem is his contract is up soon. 

14 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

BS. All he needs is for Cam to throw it to him more.

Quit gunning for me today. You took my (unclear?) reply 180 degrees opposite from how I meant it. I'm agreeing with you. What I tried, and apparently miserably failed, to convey was that any perceived or real prior inconsistency or underperformance doesn't mean a young guy like him is automatically a bust. However, now that you've got me thinking about it, I hope he's phenomenally better this year, especially with 88 out. Hell, I hope the entire team perfoms at an all pro level...even the waterboy.

6 minutes ago, Kindawack said:

Kelvin was 23 when drafted, so Funchess in his third year with the team is the same age as Kelvin in his first. Thus, Funchess should have plenty of time to improve his technique and physicality as he is still growing into his frame, the problem is his contract is up soon. 

Good find. However, the way I see it is we are either keeping Funchess or KB. With KB's 5th year option their contracts should come up at the same time. Assuming Funchess is progressing, we should be able to sign him to a reasonable deal and let KB walk who would cost a lot more. If Funchess still hasn't shown anything, we keep KB and let Funchess go. Everyone that says we don't need both of them will probably get their wish in 2 years.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Think the bills D was too preoccupied with mcaffery? Or just not that interested in funchess?

Some autistic on Reddit went over every one of his snaps last year on all 22 that were pass plays. 

He runs good crisp routes but the alarming thing is he's uncovered at least half the time. 

I think defenses just understand cam won't throw to him. 

Archived