• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snap Counts - Bills at Panthers

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

So far on the season, Funchess has one less catch than KB and neither one of them has a TD. They both average right at 25yds a catch. It's basically neck and neck. As for the extra reps that Funchess got yesterday, they were most likely running plays anyway. Funchess is a good blocker. If Samuel wants more reps, he will have to earn them.

I get your logic, but what exactly has Samuel done to NOT earn snaps besides being injured in TC?  Seems healthy enough now so he should be getting more burn. In my opinion, if you draft a dude with your second round pick, he needs to see the field. I'm not going to try and advocate that he needs to take snaps away from KB or Funchess, but he 100% should be getting more snaps than Byrd and Shepard (no offense to those two)

13 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

I get your logic, but what exactly has Samuel done to NOT earn snaps besides being injured in TC?  Seems healthy enough now so he should be getting more burn. In my opinion, if you draft a dude with your second round pick, he needs to see the field. I'm not going to try and advocate that he needs to take snaps away from KB or Funchess, but he 100% should be getting more snaps than Byrd and Shepard (no offense to those two)

He has to earn them in practice like everybody else. Second round pick or not, he missed a LOT of time and got way behind. Shepard has been out there everyday making plays in practice and he already has a TD this season.

4 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

If we are going to be able to keep this "evolved" offense, Samuel is going to need to play more and step up. Put him opposite of McCaffrey and get him the ball in space. It's worth a shot.

My hope is that we will start to unveil this supposed "evovled" offense once the games get competitive in terms of talent equality. Im saying we should have bee the 9ers and Bills on talent alone. But we will see.

34 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He has to earn them in practice like everybody else. Second round pick or not, he missed a LOT of time and got way behind. Shepard has been out there everyday making plays in practice and he already has a TD this season.

Ok.....so besides being injured what has he done to NOT earn snaps? If you definitively know for a fact that Curtis Samuel is absolute trash in practice therefore his snaps are being limited then that's one thing, but I highly doubt that's the case. 

Look I like Russell Shepard, but there is no argument that you could pose to convince me that Samuel has missed that much time to where Shepard still has more value on the field than him. He's been full go since before the Jacksonville preseason game. Someone that dynamic needs to be on the field and see the ball. Maybe it's a jet sweep, maybe it's a drag route underneath, etc. Definitely doesn't hurt to see what you have with him and in order to do that, he needs snaps.

59 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

Ok.....so besides being injured what has he done to NOT earn snaps? If you definitively know for a fact that Curtis Samuel is absolute trash in practice therefore his snaps are being limited then that's one thing, but I highly doubt that's the case. 

Look I like Russell Shepard, but there is no argument that you could pose to convince me that Samuel has missed that much time to where Shepard still has more value on the field than him. He's been full go since before the Jacksonville preseason game. Someone that dynamic needs to be on the field and see the ball. Maybe it's a jet sweep, maybe it's a drag route underneath, etc. Definitely doesn't hurt to see what you have with him and in order to do that, he needs snaps.

When did I ever say Samuel was trash? I actually loved the pick and I want nothing more than to see him make plays. Obviously, Shepard has done more to impress the coaches in practice and in the games, so far, or Samuel would be starting, don't you think? I said he has to earn his reps, that's all. Maybe he will in the future, but he clearly hasn't yet.

Archived