• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snap Counts - Bills at Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Snap counts - Bills at Panthers 

Items of note: 

Funchess has 14 more snaps than Benjamin. 

Curtis Samuel in for only 12 snaps.

The Panthers starting secondary and linebackers played 100% of snaps. 

James Bradberry lead special teams snaps with 8. They love him against opposing gunners. 

OFFENSE

Name  Pos   Offense Plays   Percentage   Special Teams   Percentage 
Trai Turnericon-article-link.gif G 68 100 3 14
Tyler Larsenicon-article-link.gif C 68 100 3 14
Andrew Norwellicon-article-link.gif G 68 100 3 14
Daryl Williamsicon-article-link.gif T 68 100 3 14
Cam Newtonicon-article-link.gif QB 68 100    
Matt Kalilicon-article-link.gif T 67 99    
Devin Funchessicon-article-link.gif WR 57 84    
Ed Dicksonicon-article-link.gif TE 55 81 5 23
Christian McCaffreyicon-article-link.gif RB 43 63 6 27
Kelvin Benjaminicon-article-link.gif WR 43 63    
Russell Shepardicon-article-link.gif WR 34 50 12 55
Jonathan Stewarticon-article-link.gif RB 25 37    
Greg Olsenicon-article-link.gif TE 25 37    
Damiere Byrdicon-article-link.gif WR 23 34 7 32
Chris Manhertzicon-article-link.gif TE 14 21 5 23
Curtis Samuelicon-article-link.gif WR 12 18 13 59
Amini Silatoluicon-article-link.gif T 6 9 3 14
Taylor Motonicon-article-link.gif T 3 4 5 23
Fozzy Whittakericon-article-link.gif RB 1 1 18 82

DEFENSE

Name  Pos   Defense Plays   Percentage   Special Teams   Percentage 
James Bradberryicon-article-link.gif CB 54 100 8 36
Daryl Worleyicon-article-link.gif CB 54 100 6 27
Kurt Colemanicon-article-link.gif S 54 100 2 9
Thomas Davisicon-article-link.gif LB 54 100 2 9
Mike Adamsicon-article-link.gif S 54 100 1 5
Luke Kuechlyicon-article-link.gif LB 54 100 1 5
Kawann Shorticon-article-link.gif DT 41 76 1 5
Mario Addisonicon-article-link.gif DE 38 70 1 5
Julius Peppersicon-article-link.gif DE 32 59 4 18
Charles Johnson DE 30 56    
Captain Munnerlynicon-article-link.gif CB 29 54    
Shaq Thompsonicon-article-link.gif LB 25 46 8 36
Star Lotuleleiicon-article-link.gif DT 24 44 1 5
Kyle Loveicon-article-link.gif DT 20 37    
Wes Hortonicon-article-link.gif DE 18 33    
Vernon Butlericon-article-link.gif DT 13 24  

This is all I care about now. I think we can be a really good team if our elder statesmen stay fresh. Charles Johnson, Addison, Pep, and Davis are awsome in september, but I want them to still be awesome in December.  Same thing with Stewart. I'd love to see Butler, Thompson, and Hall get some more snaps on Defense so we can be fresh at the end of the year. Similarly, I'd love CAP to be active. Even if he just grinds out 3-4 yards a carry for 3-5 carries a game, that would be 50 fewer carries for stewart over the course of the season and he'd be a little fresher come december/january.

1 minute ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

When Stewart carries the ball 15 times while only seeing 25 snaps, is a pretty big freaking tell to the defense on who's getting the ball.  

They need to have Stewart & CMC on the field at the same time just rotate one another at the FB position like the 49rs game.

4 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

When Stewart carries the ball 15 times while only seeing 25 snaps, is a pretty big freaking tell to the defense on who's getting the ball.  

Knew this was going to come.  You sent going to have him and CMC on the field together. So with them splitting snaps, his touches are going to go down.  And I'm fine with that, helps keep stew fresh too.

We just need our OC to call quicker developing plays to KB, Funch, Samuel, etc to spread it around not just CMC.  More quick slants to the bigger KB and Funch, more quick outs to Samuel lined up with a KB/Funch on one side and use them as a blocker (like we used to do slot with Smitty)

15 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Not with Cam's accuracy coming off the should surgery, we need to get the run game going and the  best way to help you OTs is with TEs.

We do.  But we can't run the ball all the time, and there are several good TEs out there but none with the athletic ability of Olsen.  We don't have a top 2-3 OL in the league so we can't afford the 6 second developing plays like the Dicksons going 40 yards downfield.  Cam coming off a shoulder surgery too, I would feel more comfortable with him throwing shorter slants to the big WRs and quick short outs to a Samuel outside with a KB blocking in front like we used to do with Smith.  Those short passes have to be better on the recovering shoulder than sitting back on a 6 second developing play risking Cam taking hits and bombs long throws on a recovering shoulder 

Cams accuracy will come and I say 25% of this offense struggles is on that.  But most expected the rust if they didn't they are lying to themselves.  The lack of reps this off-season and lack of throws in the preseason it going to take a little time.  Even those longer throws he is a little off still

Archived