• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could this the best defense in Panthers history?

Jeremy Igo

This fanbase jumps the gun like no other lol. I said awhile back i will reserve judgement till will actually play a good QB. Seen this reality check happen to many times before. But yes right now they do look good and to me thats because of the improvement in the secondary.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:00 PM, BIGH2001 said:

By the way, this was pretty much last years minnesota game except we won. That shows me we are a better team, esp on defense

I too had a lot of flashbacks to the Minnesota game on Sunday...

Big difference was that our D did not let up.  They dominated for 4 quarters.  I don't think I can recall a game in 2016 that they did that, and perhaps not many in 2015 either.  (We had some big let ups where we nearly gave up BIG leads...)

Perhaps one of the helpful things is that in spite of the Offense's failure to put points on the board, they WERE moving the ball / eating up the clock on at least 5 or 6 of their drives.  So the defense was given good chunks of time to rest.  Not a lot of 3 & outs (2 I think) and NO turnovers by offense.   Those facts meant the D stayed fresh.

5 hours ago, JARROD said:

Where's the turnovers?

We had 2, really should have been 3 vs. 49ers....  Scored 14 points off of the 2 turnovers in that game.  Not too shabby.

Instead of turnovers, we're racking up the 4th down stops... almost as good as a turnover.  Helped us have some good field position!

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

We had 2, really should have been 3 vs. 49ers....  Scored 14 points off of the 2 turnovers in that game.  Not too shabby.

Instead of turnovers, we're racking up the 4th down stops... almost as good as a turnover.  Helped us have some good field position!

Sweet

Archived