• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could this the best defense in Panthers history?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Why not? They would have allowed 10 points. 

I just don't believe anything is ever as good or as bad as it seems two weeks into the season. We'll revisit this later on. And for the record, I'd love for this to be the best defense we've ever assembled, so don't misunderstand me

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

The front 7 has more experience, Shaw was a rookie and didn't play as much.  I wouldn't say the secondary was necessarily better in 2015.  Tillman was old and got picked on when QBs had time to throw.  Then he got hurt and we ended up signing Cortland Finnegan and Robert McClain who definitely are not upgrades over the corners now.

I'm still shaky on Worley, and how well we defend the deep ball as a whole.  If our blitz don't get to the QB, or if we don't apply decent pressure, usually we get ate up.  If the 49ers and Bills had a decent passing game, I don't think our defense would have done as well.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I'm still shaky on Worley

Worley didn't have a hot clue what was going on during that 3rd and 1 play on that final drive.

He was throwing up his arms, stomping his feet and then after Holmes easily picked it up against him and threw up his arms again towards the sidelines.

They attacked Worley 4 times that final drive with one coming back due to the push off. 

He is definitely the weak link right now

I would say yes, but a great defense gets you turnovers to offset offensive ineptitude, and we didn't get any yesterday.  We had a couple the first week, though, so we'll have to see what the future holds there.  Two games is a little too early to make that call.  If we can constantly win the turnover battle and keep shutting teams down far below their normal production, then I could say that this is the best Panthers D ever.

Archived