• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shutting down the new Panthers "evolved" offense in two easy steps!

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, NeedSumD said:

and here comes the CAM DEFENDERS!!!! Even tho Cam says the same exact thing.

Cam missed 1 throw in the redzone, that's 1 out of 3 times we didn't convert. What about those other two plays before? A run up the middle, loss of yardage. Shula runs another run, stopped again. The other 2 times in the redzone Shula was calling for all our receivers to run vertical routes into the endzone. Kalil missed an obvious defender on one 3rd down which forced Cam to throw it away and the other, all our receivers run vertical routes to the endzone and the DB swatted it down

15 minutes ago, SOJA said:

You guys are overreacting. Offensive line did not execute yesterday, KB dropped a tough catch that I believe he can make and Cam missed an easy TD. 

We absolutely dominated the Bills yesterday

Domination in the NFL is reflected in the score

the panthers were one unexplainable dropped pass by Zay Jones from

losing 10 to 9 

1 hour ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

One should not speak of Cam's injuries and the hits he takes without also mentioning the numerous times where he sits too long in the pocket holding the ball when nobody is open, looking for the home run ball. Maybe if he threw some of those away before getting walloped, or took off to run for a first down instead (like he did on the possessions where the ball actually moved downfield), he wouldn't be injured and beat up as badly. 

Maybe if the gameplan wasn't to simply have our tall WR's run down field and post up over and over, while RBs are open out of the backfield...maybe if Cam knew he should dump it down more often, it would force the defense to back up a step and hence he would have more time to throw and better protection....

Maybe maybe maybe...

I miss the old days when Cam would run when no one was open..we do not have wr that know to comeback to the ball when Cam is running...well maybe now we do..im just saying they are wanting him to be a pocket passer so thats what he is doing and he is just a sinking ship bc we dont have coach nor an OC to call plays that negate that.

6 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

I miss the old days when Cam would run when no one was open..we do not have wr that know to comeback to the ball when Cam is running...well maybe now we do..im just saying they are wanting him to be a pocket passer so thats what he is doing and he is just a sinking ship bc we dont have coach nor an OC to call plays that negate that.

If the defense doesn't break containment, then its difficult to run. Early in the game, Cam was able to get outside the ends, and had some nice runs.  The Bills adjusted, and that avenue dried up.  On most of the sacks, there was no opportunity to run. 

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If the defense doesn't break containment, then its difficult to run. Early in the game, Cam was able to get outside the ends, and had some nice runs.  The Bills adjusted, and that avenue dried up.  On most of the sacks, there was no opportunity to run. 

'Adjusted', now there is a verb  Shula never understood

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article173878506.html

I mostly agree with this quote.  

Don't have a problem with the playcalling for the most part.   But execution in the red zone was bad.  The coaching staff gets some blame for poor execution.

Obviously logic and reason have no sway here when you have folks with agendas including the head of this site constantly inciting others with varying degrees of understanding about football about Shula based on a 15 year old grudge.  Truth is we moved the ball well to start off with short effective passing. How many drives we're stopped with holding penalties mixed with sacks and poor offensive line play. Buffalo most often rushed 5 and on delayed blitzes even 6.  You and I both know the line play was awful and missing Kalil hurt even more than Olsen. But let's not sprinkle this lynching with facts and reality. And poor redzone execution is due to no offensive push in the running game. Again an area we missed Kalil. 

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Obviously logic and reason have no sway here when you have folks with agendas including the head of this site constantly inciting others with varying degrees of understanding about football about Shula based on a 15 year old grudge.  Truth is we moved the ball well to start off with short effective passing. How many drives we're stopped with holding penalties mixed with sacks and poor offensive line play. Buffalo most often rushed 5 and on delayed blitzes even 6.  You and I both know the line play was awful and missing Kalil hurt even more than Olsen. But let's not sprinkle this lynching with facts and reality. And poor redzone execution is due to no offensive push in the running game. Again an area we missed Kalil. 

So you feel Shula called a great game yesterday. 

Got it. 

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

These games are getting harder to watch.. this basically preseason for Cam and I know he missed some opportunities but this is what im saying..he does not have a window of missed opportunities bc of the play calling of Shula. Every other coordinator puts his people in the position to move the ball..Shula makes a few good calls but not nearly enough..There is no reason for us to be struggling on offense.. There is no telling how Cams shoulder really is..

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

fwiw, I do believe that Shula and the coaching staff deserve at least some of the blame for poor execution.  And I believe that Buffalo deserves some credit for their play in the red zone.  That was a completely legal and very effective hit on Benjamin that took away what would have been a td on the first drive.  The pass from Cam was on the money, but the defender made a play.  Just have to take your hat off to them.  And while injuries are no excuse, they are a reason.  Our line is just not as good without R. Kalil at center. 

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

fwiw, I do believe that Shula and the coaching staff deserve at least some of the blame for poor execution.  

Most. 

Most of the blame. 

They have a team filled with vets, loaded with talent, and yet the same issues year after year after year. 

You don't have to be a fan of the NFL for very long to realize a better coach could come in and clean that poo up immediately. 

Archived