• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shutting down the new Panthers "evolved" offense in two easy steps!

Jeremy Igo

I don't follow the fan logic that says if someone does something right, they are beyond reproach and cannot suffer regression. This is true of Shula and Cam. It also works in the other direction. Nobody here would be upset to see Shula or CN prove the huddle wrong. I don't accept that the answer is black or white, surely there are shades of grey here right?

I mean even Shula supporters, must admit that variety is not the panthers watchword. Its the repeated banging of the head against the wall that's so dispiriting. They don't have to completely move away from their strengths, but they just look so one-dimensional.

I've watched a few games this year including NY-Detroit with crappy O-lines on display. The Lions prevailed passing the ball despite having the statuesque Robinson at LT, against a very good D.

Acknowledge the problem and have a plan B. That's why fans are upset with Shula IMO.

8 hours ago, SeoulPanther said:

I've watched a few games this year including NY-Detroit with crappy O-lines on display. The Lions prevailed passing the ball despite having the statuesque Robinson at LT, against a very good D.

Through 2 games, Robinson has taken well to Detroit coaching.  He's been pretty solid.

The weird thing is watching Detroit, it seems to me that they use a zone-blocking scheme.  And St. Louis/LA used a man-scheme.  Since Robinson's success at Auburn was in a man-scheme where they put a hat on a hat, you would have thought the St. Louis/LA-scheme would have been more natural for him, but he seems to be taking well to the Detroit zone-scheme.  

Ya never know.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:09 AM, JJman Returns said:

And fug Shula btw, an doorknob could predict what his next playcall will be. 

This is an understatement, and I am aware that the following statement makes me a doorknob:

I sit in my living room with my sons or guests and I have about a 70% accuracy rate-I even state where the ball is going and to whom (CMC, over the middle, for example).  Our defense, however, is totally unpredictable.  I never know when TD and Luke are actually going to blitz in A gap or drop--I have no idea when we are sending a CB on a blitz etc. 

Archived