• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hats off to Sean McDermott

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

They deserve some credit...but honestly we shot ourself in the foot.  Penalties.  Piss poor play calling.  We crossed the 50 so many times with nothing to show for it.  A competent OC and we win this game by 30.  

Yeah I didn't get a chance to watch the game and I'm going to go back and watch it but it's crazy because every time I got in my car I'll be listening to the game and they were in the exact same position every time they had the ball will be making progress then we get a penalty then we move back then by the time I listen to it again we're doing it all over again and we just get three more points basically we have got to learn to close out games we got to learn to convert every time go full out every time but it's whatever I'll support team regardless

All this talk about Cam not making throws. He missed a couple, he made good passes outside of those and the rest of the time he was on his ass getting sacked. If you think we sucked because Cam missed a couple passes your sorely mistaken. 

Arguments

Shula didn't miss that 3rd down pass to CMC- guess what Shula did screw up every other play before that one. Cam missed one pass Shula missed multiple opportunities in the red zone to call a play that gets the TD before your at 3rd and Goal.

Penalties from delay of game is Shula not getting the call in time and us lining up late. Same with bs timeouts to avoid said penatly. 

Oline- if your getting rushed every play you try to get fast passes off. Or you just let your QB get pummeled 6 times. Fing Shula

Receivers/CMC- you have burners now that can take the top off a D. So let's run KB, Funch, Shepard down the field......yeah not like throwing Samuel, CMC, or Byrd out for a big splash play would be at least advisable to try. Even once?!? 

This game was on Shula most of all and he's going to drag this team into the stone age until we figure that out and kick him to the curb

1 hour ago, arbnranger said:

Agree Cam played like shiite but Shula did a good job... as expected to be honest . 

I think today a good piece of the gameplan involved Olsen. Not just the catches but the blocking and even pass protection. He was a huge loss. And what is your second biggest loss when you plan to run the ball and play a blitz happy defense? Your center who is arguably the best player on our line.  Those two are smart and great under pressure. I thought Lawson was excellent with no notice. And Dixon did his best. I guess Hurney picking up another tight end might be a golden move.

33 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

All this talk about Cam not making throws. He missed a couple, he made good passes outside of those and the rest of the time he was on his ass getting sacked. If you think we sucked because Cam missed a couple passes your sorely mistaken. 

Arguments

Shula didn't miss that 3rd down pass to CMC- guess what Shula did screw up every other play before that one. Cam missed one pass Shula missed multiple opportunities in the red zone to call a play that gets the TD before your at 3rd and Goal.

Penalties from delay of game is Shula not getting the call in time and us lining up late. Same with bs timeouts to avoid said penatly. 

Oline- if your getting rushed every play you try to get fast passes off. Or you just let your QB get pummeled 6 times. Fing Shula

Receivers/CMC- you have burners now that can take the top off a D. So let's run KB, Funch, Shepard down the field......yeah not like throwing Samuel, CMC, or Byrd out for a big splash play would be at least advisable to try. Even once?!? 

This game was on Shula most of all and he's going to drag this team into the stone age until we figure that out and kick him to the curb

You know if you are going to trash Shula at least do it intelligently. For example, the mike cuts off at 15 seconds left on the clock so Cam had 15 seconds at least to call the play, get to the line and snap the ball. Minimum.

Now you could have said those first 2 timeouts were due to faulty helmet transmitters and it looked like Cam was struggling to get the signals and be right. But it didn't appear to be Shula fault.

If you said that Matt Kalil looked lost without his brother helping him with protections and seemed to regress that would be astute. There were plenty of short passes all day. And guys often open with decent throws. But Cam is susceptible to pressure  and both tackles were pretty awful meaning Cam was often running for his life. He had a hard time being able to set himself but when he did he was often on the money. He was average when moving and kind of bad on short dumpoffs and throws. He had little touch on his ball. But that is what pressure does to you.

Shula isn't going anywhere. This offense is no where close to what it will be once playoffs come around. Assuming Olsen is back and we don't have a slew of injuries. Meanwhile we are going to have to figure out what to do.  Why not save your bitching until after the season. There will plenty of time to whine. Meanwhile enjoy the ride. I have been waiting for football for a long time. Today was great. Walking out of that stadium with all those quiet Bills fans who were so.loud and cocky going in. You should have been there.

And lastly we do have the coach that made McCaffrey so great in college so it won't be Shula deciding to use him but the various assistants including Taylor who some wanted to replace Shula.

1 minute ago, NeedSumD said:

Boy you are gonna get blasted!!! Blame everyone but Cam. He can do no wrong even if he comes out himself and says he has to play better.  They will go no Cam you couldn't have played any better. And then praise the oppositions head coach LOL this is why I love the Huddle always need a good laugh after close wins???

You do realize we know Cam isn't doing great but we also know Cam isn't the main reason we were in the redzone and couldn't get it done. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

You do realize we know Cam isn't doing great but we also know Cam isn't the main reason we were in the redzone and couldn't get it done. 

Exactly. The line couldn't run block which made us one dimensional. Cam missed a couple but he made the plays down the stretch to run the clock and burn time while scoring.  If we score a TD with 2 minutes left, they couldn't have come back.  There were lots of things that need to improve. Shula needs to figure out how he can make up for Olsen's loss. It was good to see Funchess finally show up.

2 minutes ago, NeedSumD said:

I rest my case. You know we realize Cam isn't doing good BUT its not his fault

He isn't but he also isn't why we are screwing up. You can be rusty and have accuracy problems and still do well. He missed a few passes but those passes didn't make us look bad. The inability to run, the bad play calls, and strong rush killed our offense 

Just now, CarolinaSamurai said:

He isn't but he also isn't why we are screwing up. You can be rusty and have accuracy problems and still do well. He missed a few passes but those passes didn't make us look bad. The inability to run, the bad play calls, and strong rush killed our offense 

The playcalling wasn't bad so much as poorly executed. I bet that Olsen was going to be a big part of this week's plan as was Kalil's leadership and knowledge of Sean's defense.  There was plenty of blame to go around including the redzone offense. Shula is going to have to do what he did when KB went down. Change things up and get better production from other players.

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The playcalling wasn't bad so much as poorly executed. I bet that Olsen was going to be a big part of this week's plan as was Kalil's leadership and knowledge of Sean's defense.  There was plenty of blame to go around including the redzone offense. Shula is going to have to do what he did when KB went down. Change things up and get better production from other players.

I don't know man. I really thought we would have seen CMC Samuel and Byrd more involved but we didn't. In fact I don't see much if any difference in play calling from last year. I really think Shula is holding us back as a organization. 

13 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I don't know man. I really thought we would have seen CMC Samuel and Byrd more involved but we didn't. In fact I don't see much if any difference in play calling from last year. I really think Shula is holding us back as a organization. 

From what I see, CMC draws everyone's attention. We have tried a bunch of things to get him in space. I think we have to stop expecting a rookie to carry the offense. Cam really relies on him, I think he needs to spread it out more. I thought he did a better job getting the ball to Funchess and Benjamin.

Samuel is quick, I thought he had some good catches today. Byrd had a drop or two. 

How would you know what Shula is holding back given we haven't seen the alternative. Chud? So how are the Colts doing these days?

2 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

This. The first down play calling set up the offense to fail on second and third down because we kept on running the ball for a loss or minimal game to put ourselves in 2nd &11. He has to understand that the short passing game can also be an extension of the running game. 

Archived