• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hats off to Sean McDermott

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, PantherGuy said:

I wouldn't count that as a drop. He had the ball solidly before he got hit hard right right in his hands. 

I can see why you'd say that though it still is a drop. I don't blame him too much given how hard the hit was but that is still a play that cost us points. A TD instead of FG there and the game looks much different. I'm just glad he was able to take advantage of most of the remaining passes that came his way. Personally think we should have tossed it up to him again after that interference by the Bills kept us from a TD.

Just now, ichigo1057 said:

I can see why you'd say that though it still is a drop. I don't blame him too much given how hard the hit was but that is still a play that cost us points. A TD instead of FG there and the game looks much different. I'm just glad he was able to take advantage of most of the remaining passes that came his way. Personally think we should have tossed it up to him again after that interference by the Bills kept us from a TD.

Fair point and you may well be right. Benji had a great game overall. Hopefully he's not hurt too badly. We're gonna need him.

22 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

other than a couple bad throws cams passing was on point

More so in the first half than the second. A lot of it could be attributed to pressure but that throw to McCaffrey was awful.

9 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Cam looked pretty sharp initially, didn't he? The problem was the O line and the inability to run behind said O line. Cam got worn down by the Bills defensive front. He wasn't great, but the problem isn't all on him. 

McDermott dialed the pressure up to eleven in the second half.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tyrod Taylor is not that good.

We had Cam Newton.

This is true but also Sean has had 6 years of first hand knowledge of Cam and this offense.  He attacked our line in ways he knew would work.  We lost our C, TE and Cam was beat up all day.

He still couldn't crack this Defense tho.  I'm in awe of what we have on that side of the ball.  Pro bowlers, future hall of famers, franchise greats, and promising youth.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He gave the Panthers all they could handle with about half the talent. 

He basically had Shula out of the booth and behind the woodshed all day. 

Hats off to McDermott and the Bills. Now give the rest of the NFCS Hell. 

While I have some respect for McD, I personally believe it was Shula being Shula and Cam being Cam, unable to make the open throws.

Archived