• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the NFL cancel Thursday Night Football

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They still are low but doesn't some network pick it up in like week 4-5 or something? 

Idk but they would have more viewers if it was easier to freakin watch.  Im streaming it off some illegal site through my xbox

like camon. If you want more viewers then let me fugin watch it

im tired of poor people not having acess to this sshit. If we replaced all of the rich dont give a fug people with poor, passionate fans in our stadium, we would rival seattle

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Should the NFL cancel Thursday Night Football at the end of it's current sponsorship cycle? 

No good comes from it. The games are bad. The ratings are low. The teams increase injury risk to their players. 

Scrap it. 

It would be better if they moved it to Friday night instead. Thursday is an awkward time to begin with.

I don't know if it needs to be scrapped completely, but something needs to be done.

Make TNF start later in the season once bye weeks start.  Have the two teams coming off of a bye week play TNF the following week.  

The players will be well rested and have longer to gameplan for opponents.  Should create better play on both sides of the ball.  

Simple solution. 

Last night's game was not bad, I thought it was a great game. Two teams with great defenses, have some great offensive players, made a really competitive game. I might not get too many chances to see Watson play and I thought he was great for a rookie on his first start. I want to see the average QB Dalton struggle for 4 out of 5 plays then throw an amazing 20 yard pass. I want to hear Chris Collinsworth sound like a douche defending Bengal players that had "intensity" because they're dirty players. I want to see all that so that I can have one extra game a week I can watch. 

By by getting rid of Thursday night, you remove one extra day of NFL. I don't want to wait 6 days before watching another game. College football sometimes have competitive games on but you're on this forum talking about football so I'm assuming you like pro football more. Given a choice, which  of the two would you have rather watched last night?

However, here is only one reason I would use to get rid of Thursday night football and that is player rest/safety. Making a team play after only 4 days of preparation and rest could make for "bad" football or injuries. If the NFL gets rid of Thursday football then I'd like to see them replace it with Saturday night football instead. Still gives you an extra night of football, gives players more rest, still gives a team a prime time game. Should make it more competitive and fun to watch. 

All thursday games should be canceled.  It won't happen because it is on during prime time and they can sell the advertising for more.  Same reason the draft is on Thursday night and Friday night as opposed to just Saturday and Sunday the way it use to be.  The owners love Goodell because he has found new ways create revenue for them.  As long as he keeps doing that there will be more things like Thursday night games,  like a 3 day draft, that waters down the sport and the players hate but the owners love.

I like TNF.  It just so happened that his past Thursdays game was  a "boring" matchup to some.  For Texans fan, its good to have hope with Watson.  For Bengals fan, ....well there is always the offseason.  

I think Marvin Lewis /Andy Dalton era is over.  

I really love me some football and have waited all season but haven't watched a full game yet..I think with the Superbowl loss and how it was lost. Then how Cam got beaten and battered has subconsciously taken away my enjoyment of watching games. I use to watch anybody that was playing but especially panthers. Not now. Just panthers games for now but they havent been on tv in my area yet. 

Archived