• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the NFL cancel Thursday Night Football

Jeremy Igo

Yes.   The only way otherwise is to make sure a team only has ONE Thursday game and make it where they have a bye week the previous week.    It's unfair to have a game so close to another and if you're a popular team that gets more Thursday games than other teams.

Just now, Jangler said:

what is a bad game? it's not called Cleveland Night Football.

Prime time games where neither team made the playoffs the previous year is a start. That's five of the remaining games. 

And of the remaining games, only one is a matchup of two teams that made the playoffs the previous season. I get that there's a limited number of those matchups each year and I know they want to get everyone a prime time game now, but they shouldn't expect big numbers for these games. They're watering down the product.

I still watched some last night, but I didn't mind missing it or turning it off early. 

IMG_3570.PNG

IMG_3569.PNG

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

College football would squash NFL ratings on Saturdays. 

Plus I don't think they can legally do it. Think there is a Sports Broadcasting Act or something passed many years ago that prevents them from going up against HS and college. That's always been my understanding anyway. 

But yes - Thursday night games are bad for many reasons

Archived