• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs McCoy

Jeremy Igo

I say we stop the first down run and then key on swings and screens.  A lot of stunts and switches to keep the oline guessing.  Constant rotation of fresh DTs and when it comes time to pass block hopefully fatigue sets in.

Heavy pressure up front creates rushed throws and strip sack opportunities.  Turn overs and short fields are the result.

McCoy 90 Rushing yards. 113 Passing yards with a touch down.

I think our best bet is Star stopping it before it begins and Shaq chasing him down w speed. 

Plus I think Zay Jones has 7 catches against Worley . 

We will win but it all depends on. how much poo they spilled against us. Which I can see those Toads doing.

Blitzing anytime they know Cam is doing a play action or a hesitation. 

Containing McCoy as a runner back needs to be priority #1

Containing McCoy as a receiver needs to be priority #2

I watched the game on GamePass, and probably 60% of the offense went through McCoy, another 15% Clay, 10% Tolbert, and 15% for the rest of the team.  It's hard to overstate how much the offense revolved around McCoy.  If you think we forced the ball to CMC, the Bills did much more with McCoy.

And for good reason.  McCoy still looked elite in that game, albeit against the Jets.  Containing McCoy, covering Clay, and preventing Tyrod from scrambling will be the key for our defense.

I definitely could see Wilks running a lot more man-to-man with Bradberry & Worley against Jordan Matthews/Zay Jones/Andre Homes.  All good size receivers but no burners in the lot.

Holding McCoy under 100 yards combined would be an admirable goal.  If we contain McCoy, we will win.  That simple.

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

Random thought that doesn't need a thread...

But I hate CBS games. And also feel like we rarely win them for some reason. 

I like the CBS announcers better, but you are right that it seems we lose a lot of them.  The CBS announcers seem better prepared and are more objective about the Panthers than a lot of the FOX announcers 

The factor to last week's game was the Glass Goodwin drop. He keeps that ball it's 10 points and a different game. Carolina can be best deep with speed but Buffalo doesn't have it. Carolina will be able to stack the box but would be foolish to spy Taylor.

The need to take McCoy out of the game, and they will certainly attempt to do just that and we will know how good he is or isn't.

McCoy in the passing game will also come down to what they must do by letting Davis key in on Taylor. If he can chip Clay and let the safety handle clay since he is slow than Davis can just go to where the play is developing. He is smart enough to do that. Davis will be the key player for this game. Keuchly needs to just be a wall.

I can't see Taylor putting up more than 200 yards but would not be surprised to see McCoy toward 100 with 150 combined.

And fwiw. Tolbert is not McCoy's backup. Barnyard, or whatever his name is. A journeyman RB.

5 minutes ago, FlamFluten said:

The factor to last week's game was the Glass Goodwin drop. He keeps that ball it's 10 points and a different game. Carolina can be best deep with speed but Buffalo doesn't have it. Carolina will be able to stack the box but would be foolish to spy Taylor.

The need to take McCoy out of the game, and they will certainly attempt to do just that and we will know how good he is or isn't.

McCoy in the passing game will also come down to what they must do by letting Davis key in on Taylor. If he can chip Clay and let the safety handle clay since he is slow than Davis can just go to where the play is developing. He is smart enough to do that. Davis will be the key player for this game. Keuchly needs to just be a wall.

I can't see Taylor putting up more than 200 yards but would not be surprised to see McCoy toward 100 with 150 combined.

And fwiw. Tolbert is not McCoy's backup. Barnyard, or whatever his name is. A journeyman RB.

So you guys are using him to block like an actual FB? That won't end well for you guys.

Agreed with all the rest and others. Stopping or not stopping Shady is the key and likely determines the winner. I envision us doing so and I haven't been wrong all season about predicting Panther success.

1 minute ago, Moorgan said:

So you guys are using him to block like an actual FB? That won't end well for you guys.

Agreed with all the rest and others. Stopping or not stopping Shady is the key and likely determines the winner. I envision us doing so and I haven't been wrong all season about predicting Panther success.

No, it's annoying. We use him to run up the middle and he tries to bounce it outside. His whopping 3.5 ypc is ok when it's downfield but bouncing outside is either a bad choice or the fat jiggling. 

It's 1 game. Stopping the niners isn't hard. The bills are better than the niners 

Archived