• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs McCoy

Jeremy Igo

How do you see this? 

Point 1 - Panthers gave up catches to everyone last year, not just RBs. Luckily they have an actual honest to goodness secondary now. 

Point 2 - Panthers were giving the short passes to the 49ers for most of the game last week as they had the lead. Dink and dunk all you want, clock continues to run. 

So, should we expect a heavy dose of McCoy out of the backfield on Sunday. I do believe so. 

Will the Panthers be ready for it? I do believe so. 

The Bills biggest offensive weakness is their receivers. I suspect the Wilks will look to shut down the running game and see how his sophomore corners do without a lot of help. 

Agree with your comments, last year, especially early in th season, we had to supplement the coverage with the LB's which opened up a lot of opportunities to throw to the backs. With a better secondary that's no longer the case. 

With CMC on the roster the D also has seen a lot more passes to the RB in practice. 

McCoy is a legit weapon and he'll get yards, but I still believe our D will shut the Bills down. 

24 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I think it's mainly because of the type of defense you play. Try to take away the long stuff and force a team to be patient and drive down the field. That forces a lot of checkdowns. I don't know the yardage numbers, but I would assume it's small, because of how good the linebackers are. Not a huge deal, in my opinion.

i think that with the change in DC, the only real difference in that philosophy is that we'll be more disruptive in doing that. wilks is more aggressive. guys as a whole will be more disciplined than last year because we're older in the secondary so the added aggressiveness won't hurt us like it would have last year.

McCoy usually plays decent to good against us.  He is special runner.  Some of those early runs that Hyde got last game would have gone much longer with Mccoy. 

However I don't think there is anyone that can consistently run on us is our base 4-3.  Especially the cover 1 we seem to like to run so much now. 

I am actually concerned about giving up big/freakish plays in the secondary.  Also you have to have a very disciplined pass rush against taylor. 

Archived