• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Bills fans are saying ...

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Moorgan said:

Good post. But about this ^. Our defense is significantly different when Luke is out (which he was for a majority of the stretch you're referring to). So I wouldn't let that stat cloud your prediction.

Fair enough. Nevertheless, my contention that the Bills need Clay to produce through the air still stands. Tyrod Taylor does not yet seem comfortable with Jordan Matthews or Zay Jones, as both are new to the team this season. He seems most effective and confident when throwing the ball to McCoy and Clay. Unless something changes this week and the Bills start showing something that they have yet to show in camp or preseason, I look for Clay and McCoy to once again get the most targets in the passing game, and for Taylor to continue to be hesitant in throwing to the outside WRs consistently. 

1 minute ago, Goganious said:

Fair enough. Nevertheless, my contention that the Bills need Clay to produce through the air still stands. Tyrod Taylor does not yet seem comfortable with Jordan Matthews or Zay Jones, as both are new to the team this season. He seems most effective and confident when throwing the ball to McCoy and Clay. Unless something changes this week and the Bills start showing something that they have yet to show in camp or preseason, I look for Clay and McCoy to once again get the most targets in the passing game, and for Taylor to continue to be hesitant in throwing to the outside WRs consistently. 

If you're wondering where everybody is, they are in the mjiligon thread eating popcorn.

56 minutes ago, Goganious said:

Bills fan here. I come in peace. I just wanted to pop in to say that the idiot "Bills fan" talking trash on your boards does NOT represent the opinions of most Bills fans.

Everyone I'm talking to about this game recognizes that the Panthers will be a much tougher challenge than the Jets, and that this represents the first true test for the Bills. 

Here's a perspective from a more rational and realistic, non-troll Bills fan: Each team's familiarities with each other (Webb, Tolbert, Johnson, and Coach McDermott knowing Panthers schemes, while Rivera and Panthers know McDermott and his tendencies very well) will cancel each other out. As with most football games, whoever wins the battles in the trenches will win the game. Can the Panthers d-line contain the edges against the Bills' outside zone running scheme and force Taylor to win the game with his arm? Can the Bills d-line contain Cam Newton and force him to be a pocket quarterback? I foresee both running games being bottled up for the most part. I believe it will be a low scoring game. Whichever QB can make more plays will likely win the game for his team.

Best advantage for Panthers: Christian McCaffrey against Bills' unremarkable linebacking corps. If the Panthers can capitalize on this advantage and utilize the running backs effectively in the passing game, it could be a long day for the Bills defense.

Best advantage for Bills: Charles Clay against Panthers linebackers. Don't get me wrong, I fully recognize that the Panthers have one of the best, if not THE best 4-3 linebacking corps in the NFL. However, I read recently that they have given up something like the third most touchdown catches to TEs in the league in the past calendar year. Meanwhile, Clay has caught as many TDs as anyone in the league since week 14 of last season. The Bills will need Clay to produce in a big way to have any shot of moving the ball consistently through the air.

All in all? I expect a hard fought, physical, defense-dominant matchup with a low final score. Something like 16-10. As for who has the 16 and who has the 10? That will be determined by the factors above. Good luck to your team this Sunday, and here's to an entertaining and injury-free game!

I'm so telling Beerball

I speak for everyone. 

4 hours ago, FlamFluten said:

I've never.  Ever. Seen you chime in with football knowledge in roughly 8 years of reading this board.  I find that funny. *high five*

You've been trolling another teams message board for 8 years?

You are a sad little lady aren't you Nancy?

Just now, Montsta said:

You've been trolling another teams message board for 8 years?

You are a sad little lady aren't you Nancy?

I have my kittens and my dog ruffus 

I haven't chimed in much today. Some idiot put a penny in the change receiver for the washer and I had to fix it then go to the bank to get some quarters.

2 hours ago, FlamFluten said:

7yeah. That's true. What's our record against y'all?  

5-1 bills. 1 fuging game. We created you. We own you. Suck it bitch.

Maybe Sunday you will try to play football. Scorched earf ... Yeah it's that scorched asshole that buffalo leaves on y'all

I think it's a herpe you leave there Sally. 

1 minute ago, Goganious said:
Sal Capaccio Veifi@SalSports

According to @DNewtonespn, with former QB Joe Webb on the Bills, Panthers HC Ron Rivera said Carolina changed all of their signals and calls

:omg: Of course they did. As any team would. Also, the Bills screwed anyone (hello, Sean Payton!) that thought they knew our signals. Yeah, Saints come to town in 2 weeks. :Taco_Emoji_42x42:

4 hours ago, FlamFluten said:

7yeah. That's true. What's our record against y'all?  

5-1 bills. 1 fuging game. We created you. We own you. Suck it bitch.

Maybe Sunday you will try to play football. Scorched earf ... Yeah it's that scorched asshole that buffalo leaves on y'all

Two words: 

Wide Right

Archived