• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cold Blooded - 49ers release Boulware

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, rainwater said:

There is no way the defense had defensive meetings in preseason where they discussed cmc and how the offense was going to use him. 

Not just CMC, but they do have meetings on how to defend the offense.  And since CMC was such an integral part of the offense, they certainly included him in their discussions.  The idea of defense is to stop the offense, even in practice, and you can't do that without breaking down what the offense is doing.  You can't have both sides doing their thing without looking at what the other side is trying to do. 

So yes, Boulware did have a pretty good idea of how we would use CMC.  Definitely much more of an idea than an opponent that wasn't in team meetings or involved with what the offense is working on behind closed doors, so to speak. 

4 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Not just CMC, but they do have meetings on how to defend the offense.  

Teams don't game plan in preseason. They focus on they're mistakes. But they aren't in the filmroom in preseason breaking down the Panthers offense. Especially not with 40 guys who won't be there weeks later. 

I feel for the guy, and I hope he signs some where...

But to sign a lease a few days after signing to the practice squad isn't very smart. Hindsight is 20/20 and believing in yourself and your dream is one thing...but hell there are NFL players who sign 1 year deals and are on active rosters who don't even sign leases and live in hotels etc. 

Panthers have done this before too so it's not unusual ( I believe we have done this both to Atl and TB with former LTs back in the day). 

The worst thing he can do right now as a guy trying to make a PS is vent and rant on social media about it. Nothing screams like stay away than bitching about something that happens to most players in the league (with the average career of 2-4 years). 

Good luck Ben

Archived