• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cold Blooded - 49ers release Boulware

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Maybe his intel is why SF focused so much on McCaffrey.  I'm sure Boulware told them that much of our offense was going to be run through CMC, and they probably felt they could disrupt our gameplan by trying to take him out of the game.  

If San Fran changed their defense based on intel from a scrub who only learned how to carry Luke and TDs equipment to the locker room, then the 49ers are complete idiots.

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

when was the last time we did this?

it's not just us that doesn't do it. there's not many teams that pull this kind of stunt or at least are so blatant about it. shanahan is a punk kid who needs a grown up with him to help him learn temperance or else he's going to see losses like this past week all year and the rest of his career. seriously the guy seems to be more of an out of control asshat than jim harbaugh was.

Yep, I feel like he's letting his ego get the best of him. That whole tirade when he said he called a timeout after getting a delay of game was hilarious. DAMNIT MAN!!!

28 minutes ago, rainwater said:

If San Fran changed their defense based on intel from a scrub who only learned how to carry Luke and TDs equipment to the locker room, then the 49ers are complete idiots.

While Boulware wasn't very good, he did see how we were using CMC in practice, and sat in meetings where I'm sure they discussed all aspect of the offense in detail.  And remember, nobody really knew how we were planning to use McCaffrey, so all SF had to go on was some extrapolation from media sources, vanilla offense in preseason, and guesswork based on reports of offensive evolution and how CMC was used in college.  Boulware came in with the first bit of actual intel.  So, I wouldn't say they changed their defense, but they likely adjusted it to be more prepared for what they now expected.

2 hours ago, Woodie said:

Maybe his intel is why SF focused so much on McCaffrey.  I'm sure Boulware told them that much of our offense was going to be run through CMC, and they probably felt they could disrupt our gameplan by trying to take him out of the game.  

Boulware doesn't get the offensive playbook as an undrafted linebacker much less know anything about the gameplàn that was implemented after he was released 

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Feel bad for him.

Screenshot_20170912-190810.png

Hotels, Ben. Do not sign any more leases.

This guy better have a software major  to fall back on. 

Or he can probably sub let to some start up guy that just got his third round of financing and would pay for the possibility of dropping the line "Yeah, I had to take this place off the hands of a poor professional football player, felt sorry for the kid" 

13 minutes ago, csx said:

Boulware doesn't get the offensive playbook as an undrafted linebacker much less know anything about the gameplàn that was implemented after he was released 

No, but he was there every day in practice playing against and watching how they used McCaffrey, and he was in defensive meetings where they discussed what the offense was doing and how to stop it. Not to mention the chatter between players during off time. 

So, from all of that, I'm sure he had a VERY good idea about what we were doing on offense.  Heck, some of our beat reporters talked about how CMC was going to be a big part of our offense, so obviously someone on the inside would have a far greater understanding of what to expect.

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

While Boulware wasn't very good, he did see how we were using CMC in practice, and sat in meetings where I'm sure they discussed all aspect of the offense in detail.  And remember, nobody really knew how we were planning to use McCaffrey, so all SF had to go on was some extrapolation from media sources, vanilla offense in preseason, and guesswork based on reports of offensive evolution and how CMC was used in college.  Boulware came in with the first bit of actual intel.  So, I wouldn't say they changed their defense, but they likely adjusted it to be more prepared for what they now expected.

There is no way the defense had defensive meetings in preseason where they discussed cmc and how the offense was going to use him. 

Archived