• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera vs McDermott , McDermott vs Rivera

Jeremy Igo

Bills fans are talking about it. 

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196257-does-mcd-give-bills-an-advantage-this-week-vs-carolina/

They seem pretty realistic. 

This. It's even as Shula knows McDs tendencies and Cam knows what that zone scheme looks like.
With Cam clearly still not 100% and McD not fond of Press coverage, that might work in the Panthers favor.
Ultimately, it's not a Question of Xs and Os but talent and execution and I think the Panthers have the edge, in general and more so at Home in their opener.

McDermott knows much more about the Panthers players than Rivera knows about the Bills. I can see that being an advantage. 

Will it be enough to pull off an upset? Panthers are at home and much more talented. 

So does either team really have an edge here as far as coaching goes? 

It's going to be another case of scheme/planning vs. personnel. Granted the bills have better personnel than the 49ers did, but still there is a gap between our talent level and theirs.

I'm a bit more worried now about this game than I was a few weeks ago because of the Joe Webb effect. The guy knows everything about our offense. We have no schematic advantage there. We're going to have to count on the pure talent of this club plus having home field advantage.

I think we can pull it off, but it will be tough.

If it's ever a 1 possession game in the 4th quarter my butt is always puckered. Rivera has always played not to lose and that puts us at a huge disadvantage.

If Buffalo gets into the half within 1 score they've got a shot. Hopefully we will have a double-digit lead early though.

Most of them do seem pretty realistic.  Except for this....

BuffaloHokie13, on 12 Sept 2017 - 3:58 PM, said:snapback.png

These are just my opinion, of course, but:

QB- CAR

RB- BUF

WR- Push

OL- BUF

DL- BUF

LB- CAR

DB- Push

I would absolutely agree, which doesn't put us too far behind talent wise and we may in fact be ahead.

59b8443b618c1_uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused20Christian20Bale.gif.b3bb0fa6f40c77a8b1d9b2065134b0f8.gif

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which one is smart enough to make the best adjustments?

So you're saying we'll go up big in the first half and then kind of let them back into it but still somehow come out with the win...? Where have I seen that before...?

Seriously though, I think the most important adjustments we'll need to make will be on the defensive side. And I think Wilks is an upgrade on McD there personally. We shall see though. McD is going to want to be the student beating the teacher and will certainly have some extra motivation. When the talent gap is as big as it is though that shouldn't matter one bit. 

I'm one to criticize Ron's game management but at least he has years of actual game experience. This is only Sean's second time and while I haven't seen his first game against the Jets yet, he probably made a few mistakes. 

Small chance but I hope that Ron's last loss to Buffalo still upsets him and provides extra motivation.

A Bills fan made a point on that forum thread how the Panthers may know McD's defense, but wont know the wrinkles he's added. i'd argue that the reverse is true for us. They may know our defense by virtue of McD, but they wont be prepared for the wrinkles Wilks has added.

Sure, maybe the Bills' offense will be a problem. But so will ours. McD has no idea how we may or may not use Samuel, McCaffrey, and Shepard. but even if they knew everything about our team, the talent difference would still be in our favor. 

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

If it's ever a 1 possession game in the 4th quarter my butt is always puckered. Rivera has always played not to lose and that puts us at a huge disadvantage.

If Buffalo gets into the half within 1 score they've got a shot. Hopefully we will have a double-digit lead early though.

Rivera has always played not to lose. 

Riverboat Ron ain't bout that life.

issue always is....which coach shows up any given week.  

I will say this, that SF defensive performance and Cam's less than 100% shoulder does likely increase the odds ol stoic Ron shows up 

Archived