• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning focus to Buffalo ... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

I watched a long highlight from their game. They looked good. Should be a tough game. We are going to have to play a lot  better. Can't count on a coach going for it on fourth down all the time leaving points on the field and giving us good field position. 

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

I feel like the Panthers generally struggle with Tight Ends and their TE Clay is their best option in their receiving corps.

Nah Panthers rarely struggle against TEs. Only a few fluke plays would a TE actually get a good chunk on us that's more coverage beaters than not.

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The Panthers allowed the second most fantasy points to opposing TEs in 2016, 2nd only to the Browns.

Yeah fantasy points aren't the best indicator if you want to argue that Panthers are bad at covering TEs.

Speaking specifically of 2016, Vance McDonald makes us an outlier in that regard. IIRC, 49ers played a cover 2/3 buster and got McDonald wide open on a play our defense had no chance of stopping because of the good playcall they ran.

Think that's his only one big catch, and that obv inflates TE stats.

Not a stat driven comment at all, but the Bills are one of those damn teams that I always feel we are better than, and yet they end up beating us.  The 2013 game where Norman (before he was Norman) gave up the game winner from EJ fugging Manuel, who I don't think has played a snap since, then the 2009 poo bomb in BofA where I think we put up about 90 yards of total offense with Jake and company, and their fans took over singing their dumb poo anthem.  Hell, even back when Flutie was their QB, all 5 feet of him, they came in our house and won.

We owe these ginger-coached donkey turds an ass whooping, and I feel it coming.  Rust free Cam will light up the Bank on Sunday, thanks to Igo's can of WD-40 and some key takeaways from the D.

I was watching the Bills Jets game,  our D is definitely not their Defense.  Tolbert was running wild on them.  Shady McCoy is a real threat.  That's who worries me the  most.  Their WR Corp isn't that bad but not great. They have Jordan Matthews.  He was not bad.. Their offense is not scary. Tyrod Taylor is elusive and can make some good throws but his decision making isn't the greatest.  Our Defense should be fine. 

The bills defense is good.  Although I'm not sure if the  jets offense made them look that way but from what I saw they were constantly pressuring the QB. The secondary was in point as well. Swearinger was all over the place all over the ball. The bills defense will be a bigger challenge than the 49ers.  I still think we get the W but I believe it will be closer than expected. 

There's a Bills fan that comes by my work from time to time. We always talk football, and he's a good dude. I think he's actually going to BoA for his first time this weekend.

I hope we have a good game, butI think we should beat them pretty easily. I wouldn't put it past McDermott to exploit our weaknesses and contain our offense a bit, though. They don't really scare me on offense, but again, look for the staff/personnel to exploit our weaknesses.

Archived