• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning focus to Buffalo ... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

Tyrod Taylor does not like to throw to his WRs. He is a very conservative QB. He loves throwing to RBs and his TEs. He only threw 8 balls to his WRs against the Jets completing four of them.

Last year McCoy averaged 19 touches a game. He had 27 touches against the Jets. McDermott obviously wants to use McCoy a lot. Mike Tolbert played the roll of his backup. He looked better than last year but that could of been because he was playing the Jets. He has a tough time running outside the tackles and can never turn the corner when he does as he is too slow.

The secondary is all new with one DB (White) being their first round pick and the other DB Gaines came over in the Sammy Watkins trade. Gaines had a very good preseason but left the game hurt on Sunday. Status not known. Both safeties are FA pickups. Hyde and Poyer. Poyer was a stud against the Jets with a sack, INT and 2 passes defended.

The strength on defense is their front four.

CMC should have a good day as their LBs are not good in coverage.

I know they sell ground bison at HarrisTeeter, and the Sgambelluri house is having burgers on Sunday... Bison burgers & buffalo wings...

Dex don't even need to start a thread, menu is set.....

i tried to to find some buffalo beans or broccoli for you Jeremy,  no bueno....

Decent take from their forums:

In my opinion, this is not a very good matchup for the Bills.

The Panthers offensive strengths have the potential to exploit the Bills biggest weak points.  Specifically, Cam Newton's running ability, Greg Olsen matched up against our linebackers in coverage and Christian McCaffrey out of the backfield.  To stop these guys, you need some speed and athleticism at LB (and we really don't).  As a positive, Sean McDermott faced Newton every day in practice.  If anyone has a strategy to shut him down, our coaching staff should have it on Sunday.

On the other side of the ball, we don't really match up well either.  Last year, the Panthers defense was pretty good at stopping the run (Top 10 in YPA).  So handing the ball to Shady 20+ times may not be enough to move the ball consistently.  The Panther pass defense was bottom half in most categories, but they were #2 in sacks.  This was mostly due to them starting two rookies on the outside.  If the Jets game was about attacking the linebackers in coverage, this game should be about attacking the corners.  With our group of wide receivers, I'm not entirely confident we can do that effectively.

It's fair to question whether the Panthers are closer to the 2015 team (15-1, NFC Champions) or the 2016 team (6-10, Last Place).  Their record since hiring Ron Rivera and drafting Cam Newton has been constantly up-and-down.  They are one of the hardest franchises in the NFL to predict.  To win this game, I think the Bills need to have success in areas they usually struggle at.  They need to get great coverage from their linebackers.  They need to stay disciplined on the defensive line.  They need to keep the pocket clean and get yards passing the ball to their receivers.

I know our team came out mentally ready,but the chemistry hasn't locked in on offense, and they still beat a bad team soundly, even if it wasn't pretty.

Buffalo is Buffalo, a watered down clone of Carolina.  New staff and all the intel in the world can't help Tiny Tyrod Taylor and the Rolling Boulder Mike Tolbert.

Shady is a beast and will put Luke's boys to the test.  But a stacked box with run blitz opportunity means single matchups for somebody. (Excellent)

Another tense first half before talent takes over in the 2nd.

Carolina pulls away, home crowd sings, Ron hugs his protégée, we get 2-0 pie.

Hi - resident Western NYer here who has to listen to Bills coverage 24/7.

There offense runs through McCoy, which we know. The knock on Tyrod is that he will not throw over the middle of the field. I still don't think the chemistry is there with him and the WR's. The right side of their o-line is their weakness. Their front 4 on the d-line is a solid group of guys and can pressure the QB with the best of them. 

Finished watching their game against the Jets. Honestly I think the Bills offense is worse than the 49ers from a schematic standpoint.

Bills Offense 

The 49ers offense could attack us vertically because of the speed of Goodwin and Garcon. Who do the Bills have? 

The Jets started two rookies at safety Maye and Jamal Adams. We all know from last year how bad our secondary looked early in the season by starting two rookies at corner. 

A significant amount of Tyrod Taylor's throws were to the flats. That will go for minimal gains on this front 7. 

The only concern is stopping the run, they lead the league in rushing last year and they are on pace to do it again. Their offense is predicated on being able to run effectively since they like to use play action. 

Bills Defense 

The strength of the defense is their front four. They are stout and made the Jets one dimensional.

However, I have to point out that the Jets probably won't win more than 3 games. They gutted their offense in the off season and their best receiver now is Jermaine Kearse. 

The broadcast pointed out that the Jets TEs only combined for 10 rec, 187 yards, and 1 td all of last year! 

If the Panthers protect the ball on offense and play sound defense, it's a No Contest. Panthers will have to make crucial mistakes in order to give the Bills a chance on the road. 

Archived