• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turning focus to Buffalo ... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

I watched their game against the jets . Hard to use that as a good benchmark for the season since the jets are expected to be the worst team in the league but :

- LeSean McCoy looked very good running and receiving 

- Tyrod still had passes getting batted down , hes still at his best while improvising/scrambling ie not in the pocket 

- Tolbert actually looked pretty good running north /south and is their #2 RB that spells mccoy from how he was used in game 1 

- Their receivers are pretty decent 

- Their defense is still good 

Their offense will not be able to sustain drives on us. I can see shady having 60-80 yards of offense. But outside of that they're in big trouble. Clay is not creating separation against any of our linebackers. Bradberry could shut down Jordan Matthews with 1 arm. Zay Jones had 1 catch versus the stinking Jets so he will be a non-factor as well. The majority of this defense is use to practicing against Cam every day and has been in multiple high stakes games versus Russell and ARod (The 2 most allusive QBs in football) so Tyrod's legs do not concern me. I'm thinking the Bills score 13-16 at the most. If our O can muster 3 TDs we are easy winners. 

in all seriousness, I think Buffalo has a solid core to start a rebuild, but the fact of the matter is that they are most definitely in rebuild mode. my impression from noticing news about them in passing during the offseason is that they've been hemorrhaging talent and picking up alot of our scraps that, fairly or unfairly, contributed to our meteoric fall from grace last year.  then they kept hemorrhaging talent. 

people make a huge deal about McDermott knowing our defense and offense, but lets not forget that we also know McDermott's defense. and he only knows so much of our offense. the talent additions we've made will catch him off guard for the most part. I think the Bills will put up a good fight, but much like the 49er game... the Panthers will prove too much for them and we will win by 14+

I watched most of their game against the Jets and their defense looked pretty stout (but that's of course taken with a grain of salt since the Jets are probably the worst team in the league as of right now and their offense looks especially poor).

- McCoy looked to be in midseason form (hopefully what CMC becomes for us eventually)

- Tolbert actually looked good and contributed

- Tyrod is sneaky quick and we'll need to contain him from scrambling

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I hear they have an ex panthers coach as their head coach now. 

Aside from that, anyone watch their matchup against the Jets? 

What do you know?

Aside from that I know that the bills practice at Fisher College near Pittsford NY which is a dump near Victor/Rochester.  The Anchor Bar for buffalo wings at the buffalo airport sucks.  The team is also ishy.

That is all

Copied from the other thread:

I did watch the game, all of it. The offense did well when running the ball and was basically conservative. Their defense, well, uh, didn't look so good. Yeah, they stopped the Jets but it was the Jets (and why the Jets didn't run the ball more is beyond me). Bills' defense did not look like they wanted to win, like they weren't hungry enough. If something doesn't spark their d-line, our o-line is going to eat their lunch. On the bright side, Tolbert did the same 1st down & TD dances he did here, it was good to see him.

Keys to winning: (1) Stop the run game. McCoy is a beast & Tolbert a nice complement. (2) Be disciplined on ST's, stay the gap, and watch out for Brandon Tate. (3) Same offense game plan as SF pretty much, need an on-his-game Cam & a speedy WR to complement.

It won't be easy but we got this.

Archived