• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Warning: Graphic content

Jeremy Igo

I thought to myself watching live why the whistle was blown so fast. I thought it was a clear strip sack. It's absolute bullsh*t that Cam never gets these favorable calls just like every other QB. That roughing the passer flag yesterday on Drew Brees was complete sh*t that Cam takes every game. Even Deshaun Watson got a bullsh*t roughing the passer penalty, and he's a RUNNING rookie QB, so that "running QBs don't get those flags" talk is utter crap. The NFL just doesn't like Cam, plain and simple. Rant over.

By the rule book, the refs probably did the right thing:  

"Officials are to blow the play dead as soon as the quarterback is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler, and his safety is in jeopardy."

The problem is that the rules are a moving target that vary by QB.  That rule is designed for an immobile QB like Hoyer.  They know that Hoyer is a sitting duck, so once it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere, they blew the play dead once Star passed him off to Pep because they knew he didn't have a chance at making any kind of play.

They probably wouldn't blow that same play dead so soon for Cam, but that's also because they know that he has a better chance of escaping and making a play.  They err on the side of waiting to see if he can get out of a situation like that.  It's a double-edged sword because we want him to be protected, but we also want him to have the opportunity to escape the pocket.

13 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Hey brotha, you from Cleveland?

Hey, hey, no way! I got that D battery thing from those raucous fans in Philly. They would throw d batteries at guys coming in or out of the tunnel.

Me? Been in Charlotte so long I'm an honorary native. Came to CLT from Chicago way back when.

Archived