• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Fright said:

I've said it for years now... Cam isn't a multi read guy and we'd be stupid to expect that now. Replace KB with a speed guy and we'd be better off. Not a knock on KB, he just can't get the seperation needed on deep balls, as say Ginn could. 

Either Shula calls plays with Sam/Byrd/CMC as his first option or they're most likely not getting the ball.

giphy.gif

Cam has never not been a multi read guy...he sometimes locks onto KB, but he's never had a problem making reads. 

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

You're moving the goal posts all over the place right now. Where did I say he was going anywhere? Are you on medication?

But the fact of the matter is, he has a lot to prove this year, and yes, moving forward whether we like it or not that will factor in heavily when it comes time to think about extending him or moving on because we also have KB to think about.

Yeah, everybody has a lot to prove and there is no need for you to be such a smart ass but you are anyway. The fact is, a lot of fans are calling Funchess garbage and want him gone. It gets on my nerves so I defend him. If you don't like that, it's just too damn bad.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

giphy.gif

Cam has never not been a multi read guy...he sometimes locks onto KB, but he's never had a problem making reads. 

Yeah, I don't know what the hell that guy has been watching for over 6 years now.  Hell, one of the big problems of the horrible OLs we've had over all these years is that Cam sits in the pocket so long making reads of our horrible WRs trying to get open and then ends up getting smashed for his efforts.

Looking at those gifs and the video, a few things dawned on me:

1. Cam started under center and used traditional play action. Interesting because those two things are not as common for our offense. Together, maybe even less so. Whatever the case, didn't look like the 49ers bought it at all.

2. Right after Cam turned around to face the field, one of the lineman went around Larsen (because Kalil went down the play prior).

3. It's possible Cam glanced in Dickson's direction. However, that lineman that got free was coming right at Cam by then.

4. Cam also had someone that was getting around Matt's outside.

The more I look at it, I'm not sure his shoulder should take the blunt of the blame. Looked more like the pressure coming right at his face caused an underthrow. Considering we had our backup center for that one play, that was too aggressive a play call in that situation. 

Archived