• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I have never called him garbage. You're the one making those statements, and frankly you're looking a little silly.

Also, I don't know that I would read into that too much. It's clear we were trying to get CMC as many reps as possible. Olsen is still going to feast this year.

Whatever. Funchess is here to stay and I don't feel the least bit silly for pointing out that he did exactly what he was supposed to do and that his value goes beyond just catching the ball. As for CMC, it wasn't about reps, it was about touches. He got about 2-3 more touches than was reported he would get before the game and RR reiterated after the game that he wants to get him about 15 or so touches every week. I know Olsen is still going to be good.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Whatever. Funchess is here to stay and I don't feel the least bit silly for pointing out that he did exactly what he was supposed to do and that his value goes beyond just catching the ball. As for CMC, it wasn't about reps, it was about touches. He got about 2-3 more touches than was reported he would get before the game and RR reiterated after the game that he wants to get him about 15 or so touches every week. I know Olsen is still going to be good.

You're moving the goal posts all over the place right now. Where did I say he was going anywhere? Are you on medication?

But the fact of the matter is, he has a lot to prove this year, and yes, moving forward whether we like it or not that will factor in heavily when it comes time to think about extending him or moving on because we also have KB to think about.

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

It really was a highlight reel interception.  If Cam had thrown it just a bit farther, it could have been a TD but likely would have just been a normal, every day incompletion.

But never stand in the way of this forum of Cam-haters always wanting to criticize Cam for everything he does, on the field and off.

(P.S. Hey @Castavar? The above statement? I did that on purpose.  That's what you call a STRAW MAN.  Look it up.)

That whole argument is weak. If, if ,if. Yeah, If Cam also didn't overthrow Dickson, or miss Olsen wide open across the field, he would have had an outstanding day and we wouldn't even be talking about this........................BUT HE DID, which is the point of this whole discussion. Man, talk about a straw man argument. You hold a weak stance tbh

Just admit it was a bad pass and move on. You don't have to go through great lengths just because you are insecure about our QB. Cam will be fine, knocked off the rust in the 2nd half, so what are you even arguing about? You have to be the ultimate nuthugger to not give any blame to Cam for his first half performance.

5 minutes ago, Castavar said:

That whole argument is weak. If, if ,if. Yeah, If Cam also didn't overthrow Dickson, or miss Olsen wide open across the field, he would have had an outstanding day and we wouldn't even be talking about this........................BUT HE DID, which is the point of this whole discussion. Man, talk about a straw man argument. You hold a weak stance tbh

Just admit it was a bad pass and move on. You don't have to go through great lengths just because you are insecure about our QB. Cam will be fine, knocked off the rust in the 2nd half, so what are you even arguing about? You have to be the ultimate nuthugger to not give any blame to Cam for his first half performance.

To be honest he sounds pretty even keel.

You're the one going off the rails with walls of text, and all caps. Not to mention you were calling for his head repeatedly in the gameday thread.

Take it easy.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

To be honest he sounds pretty even keel.

You're the one going off the rails with walls of text, and all caps. Not to mention you were calling for his head repeatedly in the gameday thread.

Take it easy.

Oh yes, the leader Cam nuthugger group. Yeah, I'm sure you hold a unbiased stance lol Nothing personal bro

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Oh yes, the leader Cam nuthugger group. Yeah, I'm sure you hold a unbiased stance lol Nothing personal bro

If it was nothing personal you wouldn't have been flooding the gameday thread with rage posts about how awful Cam Newton is. I mean, maybe try less alcohol, or consider taking up watching a different sport. Maybe tennis?

Also, nuthugger? Dude that is sooooo 5 years ago.

21 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If it was nothing personal you wouldn't have been flooding the gameday thread with rage posts about how awful Cam Newton is. I mean, maybe try less alcohol, or consider taking up watching a different sport. Maybe tennis?

Also, nuthugger? Dude that is sooooo 5 years ago.

Somebody sounds mad lol I've upsetted the Cam nuthugger brigade.

I never said Cam WAS awful, I said he LOOKED awful. And you would be lying to say otherwise in that first half. Big difference that the Huddle can't differentiate. The salt is real with this one. Again, I don't take anything personal on here, it's all football talk for me. But it seems like you are starting to so I'm ending this conversation so you can calm down.

Cam was awful in the first half but it's okay he had to knock the rust off. It's okay to say Cam had a bad game now and again. He threw 2 passes in the preseason. Relax.

It's the people who blame Shula that really chap my jimmies. 

I've said it for years now... Cam isn't a multi read guy and we'd be stupid to expect that now. Replace KB with a speed guy and we'd be better off. Not a knock on KB, he just can't get the seperation needed on deep balls, as say Ginn could. 

Either Shula calls plays with Sam/Byrd/CMC as his first option or they're most likely not getting the ball.

12 minutes ago, Dex said:

Cam was awful in the first half but it's okay he had to knock the rust off. It's okay to say Cam had a bad game now and again. He threw 2 passes in the preseason. Relax.

It's the people who blame Shula that really chap my jimmies. 

Remember in SB50 when late in the game we finally got a sustained drive on the Broncos side of the 40 and Shula proceeded to call a wildcat play with Ginn behind center that predictably failed horrendously?

This is why people blame Shula.

5 minutes ago, Fright said:

I've said it for years now... Cam isn't a multi read guy and we'd be stupid to expect that now. Replace FUNCHESS with a speed guy and we'd be better off. Not a knock on KB, he just can't get the seperation needed on deep balls, as say Ginn could. 

Either Shula calls plays with Sam/Byrd/CMC as his first option or they're most likely not getting the ball.

FIFY

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Funchess had more separation and no safety covering him.

KB is more likely to catch it. KB has rightly earned more of Cam's trust. If the ball is a foot higher KB is more likely to catch it regardless of separation. And Tartt wasn't really covering him as in Cam threw into double coverage, he ran from almost half the field away to make that play.  He wasn't on KB when the ball was thrown. 

Archived