• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, TheRed said:

So far Funchess has proven nothing.

KB is our #1.

I have no issue with the play except for the fact that Cam was just a bit short. If Cam were fully up to speed I think he makes that touchdown easily. And the usual suspects here would have nothing to say.

KB had 1 catch, Funchess had 2.

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

So how is that Funchess's fault? He was targeted 2 times,  he caught the ball 2 times, he got open when he wasn't targeted, and he did a good job of blocking in the run game.

What are you arguing with me about exactly?

I said Funchess needs to consistently prove he can catch the ball and make plays. Which he does. He has something to build on now but we need much more. He had the opportunity to take the reigns in 2015 when KB was out and he did very little. KB is our #1 WR, so complaining about him being targeted when the rest of our wideouts are all #3 or #4 options is just silly. Other WR's not named Kelvin Benjamin have to step up if we want to make it to another Super Bowl. It's that simple.

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

What are you arguing with me about exactly?

I said Funchess needs to consistently prove he can catch the ball and make plays. Which he does. He has something to build on now but we need much more. He had the opportunity to take the reigns in 2015 when KB was out and he did very little. KB is our #1 WR, so complaining about him being targeted when the rest of our wideouts are all #3 or #4 options is just silly. Other WR's not named Kelvin Benjamin have to step up if we want to make it to another Super Bowl. It's that simple.

You said Funchess hasn't proven anything so I pointed out that he actually did exactly what he was supposed to do in the game. He was a rookie in 2015 with a grand total of 11 games as a college WR under his belt. Obviously he wasn't ready yet. I'm not just arguing with you either. You're just the latest in a long line of complaints about Funchess. There was an entire thread yesterday complaining about how Funchess was worthless in that game.

Just now, PhillyB said:

I'm not really that worried. It's a touchdown to KB if Tarrt doesn't make a ridiculous highlight reel play on it. Sometimes it happens

I don't know about that, but it was a TD if Cam had thrown the ball a tick sooner and  put it in the exact same spot. That way it would have been out in front of KB where only he could get it. I think we can safely chalk that up to rust though.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

You said Funchess hasn't proven anything so I pointed out that he actually did exactly what he was supposed to do in the game. He was a rookie in 2015 with a grand total of 11 games as a college WR under his belt. Obviously he wasn't ready yet.

The only thing he has consistently proven so far is that he is a training camp mvp. I'm sorry if that reality is harsh, but it's the reality. He's shown flashes in the regular season but nothing more and nothing consistent. He'll make a nice grab in traffic and then drop another pass because he's playing soft. Like I said, he has something to build on now after the 49ers game but we need much much more.

To be clear I have gone to bat for Funchess more than just about anyone here. So if you're implying I'm bashing him you can just quit quoting me now.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I don't know about that, but it was a TD if Cam had thrown the ball a tick sooner and  put it in the exact same spot. That way it would have been out in front of KB where only he could get it. I think we can safely chalk that up to rust though.

KB on a jump ball is good odds. i don't think he really misread the coverage. No one in the stadium expected Tarrt to get a bead on the ball and track it that well

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The only thing he has consistently proven so far is that he is a training camp mvp. I'm sorry if that reality is harsh, but it's the reality. He's shown flashes in the regular season but nothing more and nothing consistent. He'll make a nice grab in traffic and then drop another pass because he's playing soft. Like I said, he has something to build on now after the 49ers game but we need much much more.

To be clear I have gone to bat for Funchess more than just about anyone here. So if you're implying I'm bashing him you can just quit quoting me now.

Yeah, that's kind of how it goes for most young players. That doesn't mean he's garbage. And once again, we are not a passing offense. Cam completed a grand total of 14 passes yesterday. It's going to he very hard for anybody other than Olsen or KB to get a thousand yards receiving, especially if we're going to start throwing to the RB's more.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Yeah, that's kind of how it goes for most young players. That doesn't mean he's garbage. And once again, we are not a passing offense. Cam completed a grand total of 14 passes yesterday. It's going to he very hard for anybody other than Olsen or KB to get a thousand yards receiving, especially if we're going to start throwing to the RB's more.

I have never called him garbage. You're the one making those statements, and frankly you're looking a little silly.

Also, I don't know that I would read into that too much. It's clear we were trying to get CMC as many reps as possible. Olsen is still going to feast this year.

Goodness, you folks are harsh.  If that ball was thrown a foot deeper it is a TD and the safety would have been a non-factor.  Cam's deep ball is a strength of his and I'm not going to beat him up for being a bit rusty on Sunday.  Also, I'm sure Cam has a bunch of confidence in Kelvin and very little in Funchess for obvious reasons.  

Archived