• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Might be why Cam had his best year with Kelvin out.

This.

I've noticed that Cam tends to be sold on where he wants to go with the ball when the ball is snapped. 

When KB was out, he was forced to go through those progressions. He showed that he could.... and when he does... 15 -1, MVP campaign, league leading scoring, Super Bowl appearance. 

But with Cam's physical attributes.... size, speed, and his arm strength giving him the ability to force the ball in tight places... he wont habitually go through those progressions.  

Alot of media types have made it seem like Cam CANT go through those reads. I never thought it was about CAN Cam go through those progressions... It just seems like with his gifts... his progressions are his 3rd option when he steps to the line. 

But maybe this surgery is a blessing in disguise. Maybe this surgery can be our "KB injury" this year. 

4 hours ago, MurkN said:

Tackled short is fine in that situation, considering it was 1st down.

Tackled short in bounds is not fine in this situation. No timeouts, trying to get into FG range with 30 seconds left for a shaky at best Gano. 

I hate Shula as much if not more than everyone here but we needed a chunk play with not a lot of time to get into FG range.

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Holy poo, what a mess of patterns called near each other in the same area of the field.

This is one of the reasons most of us critical of Shula will grant that his run concepts are top-notch, but his passing concepts are elementary or worse.

yeah i remember that play. Cam had time in the pocket still and had Samuel wide open just beyond Benji. Benji was NOT open. was one of those 2-3 passes per game where im thinking "i love Cam to death, but wth is he thinking?!"

I rewatched the first half. Out of the 15 throws, I had an issue with 4 or 5.

The first one he was late to KB on a 3rd down conversion that resulted in KB being sandwiched between two defenders.

The second one was the interception, either he puts more air on the ball so that only KB has a play on the ball or he sees that Funchess was one on one with a DB deep. 

The third one he missed KB wide near the sidelines for a first down. 

The fourth one was the overthrow to Ed Dickson. He made the correct read of seeing that 3 defenders were keying on CMC and Ed was open, he missed the throw. 

The fifth one was an overthrow to Greg Olsen up the seams but it was negated by a penalty of hit to defenseless receiver. 

Overall, I agree with Rivera comments that Cam made the right reads but he was rusty and the timing was not there. The second half was very reassuring that Cam will get better as the season goes. 

Even if Cam had thrown to Funchess, he still has to actually catch it.

I think Cam needs to build more trust with Devin, but that begins with Devin himself. I understand Jeremy wanting to prop Funchess up after the training camp declarations about Funchess taking over the #1 spot a few years ago, but so far we haven't seen much. So all this just kind of comes off as reaching.

Archived