• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Regarding issue # 2  (play call and design)

How did you guys feel about this call?  5 minutes left in 3rd quarter,  1st and goal at the 6, up 20 - 0 and about to put the game away, call a naked QB bootleg for your franchise qb coming off shoulder surgery 6 months ago.

In the game thread, when we got inside the 10, I posted that we would run the ball 3 straight times.

Voila.

"Evolution"

Anyone remember the bomb to KB in Oakland? Funchess was wayyyy more open than this where I don't think he is that realistic an option regardless of safety help. That was 3rd and 2, don't remember people complaining when it works. 

Might even be the same exact play. Not that big a risk to throw it up to kb if it's put in the middle of the endzone

edit- not the same play, but there's two play fakes. Would we be complaining about too many fakes if it goes wrong? I mean we didn't even hear a peep about Funchess running 10 yards open on the opposite side.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016112710/2016/REG12/panthers@raiders?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000747188&tab=videos

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

In the game thread, when we got inside the 10, I posted that we would run the ball 3 straight times.

Voila.

"Evolution"

You know, I actually did not mind the 3 running plays in that situation.  Our D was playing shutout football and nothing demoralizes a team like pounding it in from the 6.  But that naked bootleg was just wrong.  I have a feeling Cam audibled that at the line?

Definitely a bad read by Cam on that play.  That is part of being rusty, in my opinion, he was overly trying to get his #1 WR involved, without going through his progressions.  He can't be doing that if we'll have sustained success this year.  

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i took a nap in the afternoon and i overslept a little. that was pretty much the first play i saw before i even looked at the score. i saw cam waiting in the pocket and then saw him launch it and i couldn't help but go "crap...here we go again" and sure enough the INT came. very next thing i said was "i thought we were going to stop doing this poo."

it really needs to stop. get rid of the ball. move the chains. keep going forward and eat up clock that way. these long developing plays don't pay off enough to warrant we keep doing them.

You are so right Rayzor.

there are probabilities in football and times to go to the big throws and times not to and double coverage is not the time

Cam is what he is  and the defensive coordinators have six years worth of tape on his tendencies. It is there for all to see and it's almost like he can't stop himself 

I'm tired of it. Just like throwing high over the middle of the field. 

Whenever I get tired of it, I know until there  are coaches who actually demand that he evolve, who have the coaching skill to design plays AND PERSONNEL GROUPS or nothing will change

Not  so say that I am not grateful for Newton, I am; but for year 7, he needs to get better in seeing the field and held accountable when he doesn't. 

it may be time to have Benjamin on the field less to force the issue.

i want him in the HOF and that takes more than a big arm.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

The "Cam can do no wrong" crowd was out in full force recently.

Because we know what these threads *always* turn into.  It inevitably turns into the expected "Let's poo on Cam and dissect his every action on the field and off like we do no other player on the team even though he's carried the team on his broad shoulders for 6 years through injury and concussion" thread.

As was already pointed out in another response, QBs throughout the league develop their "favorites" and inevitably at times will try to force the ball to them.  But no other player in the league will get pooed on by his own fans about it more than Cam Newton.

Cam was bad Sunday and anyone who isn't a homer would say that.  He wasn't going through progressions he was locking onto WR's and then he was just flat out missing throws in the first half.  It's one game though and he looked much more composed in the 2nd half but they didn't need him to do much then.  I will be concerned if by week 3 he is still making these mistakes.

Also,  i don't get why Funchess gets so much hate on here.  He simply just doesn't get the opportunities to make a lot of plays cause he isn't targeted that much.  Can't do much if the ball doesn't come your way.  He's an excellent blocker though for the run game.

1 hour ago, Cuttinedge said:

I basically said the same thing In  another thread and got chit for pie thrown all over my post and was told I had an agenda against Cam. (So far from the truth it ain't funny).  I agree it's strange his best season was when KB was out hurt.   Also agree with the wrong personal running these routes. We got a speed demon and we used him in the 4th to block on running plays  while  we send Our 2 huge can't get separation WRs deep and not the 4.3 guy Smdh.

I'm happy we won just pointing out we need to make some adjustments on offense 

The reason is because KB is so slow and is usually our first read it slows down the entire offense.  When Ted Ginn was the number 1 (ish) and Greg Olsen was the primary receiver good things happened.  KB is like like low grade fuel in a high performance sports car.  It works fine on the outside, you just won't get the performance you should.  

Also, Funchess and KB shouldn't be on the field together unless it's a 4 WR set.  Same thing with Funchess, they don't get open quick enough. 

Archived