• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have issues.

Jeremy Igo

Issue #1 Cam is still locking on to Kellvin Benjamin

On the long ball to Kelvin Benjamin that was intercepted, Devin Funchess was the better decision. One on one with no safety help, and had a step on his man. Cam never looked his way, however. Not even to look off the safety. Cam looked Kelvin's way from the get go.  

Untitled-1.jpg

Funchess actually does beat his man for a good shot at the TD or possibly a pass interference call. 

Untitled-2.jpg

You can bet your bottom dollar that teams game plan for these tendencies by Cam. If we notice it, they sure as hell notice it. 

Issue #2 that play call and design was horrible to begin with. 

It is first and 10 and the best thing we can come up with is send two large slow receivers down field 40 yards? 

Isn't Damiere Byrd and Curtis Samuel or hell even Christian McCaffrey on the field? 

Isn't Cam supposed to be getting rid of the ball quickly? He wasn't sacked on this play, but he was hit, and right on his repaired throwing shoulder. That ain't great. 

giphy.gif

All of this on a first and 10 while playing with the lead? Fug me. 

If the 49ers were a NFL caliber team, this could have been the difference between a W and a L. 

I cant blame Cam for that play. That was a highlight reel interception. Almost as good as the Norman Interception in the end zone against N.O. years ago. Funny thing is...every qb on every team misses/doesn't see/doesn't care about wide open receivers and instead tried to force more difficult passes on occasions.

8 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

I cant blame Cam for that play. That was a highlight reel interception. Almost as good as the Norman Interception in the end zone against N.O. years ago. Funny thing is...every qb on every team misses/doesn't see/doesn't care about wide open receivers and instead tried to force more difficult passes on occasions.

True.

But some more consistently than others.

The truly great QBs minimize that and spread the ball around.

Might be why Cam had his best year with Kelvin out.

Archived