• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin's final.goodbye

Jeremy Igo

On 9/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, jfra78 said:

Really?

The only guys I see mentioned as coaches are white guys. My apologies for pointing out the trend, however uncomfortable that makes you. Bersin has shown nothing that shows he would be a good coach, has never hinted at coaching, and has never coached in even a charity even; so why other than the fact he is white would someone suggest he coach? 

On 9/12/2017 at 8:58 AM, 0115 said:

Lol stop race baiting

There was no race baiting. It is a legitimate question. Never heard Bersin mention he has a desire to coach, has the ability to coach, or has ever coached even a charity event...so I must assume the only reason he could be a coach is because he is white. Once Armanti was finally cut, no one said, "hey, maybe he should coach."

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

There was no race baiting. It is a legitimate question. Never heard Bersin mention he has a desire to coach, has the ability to coach, or has ever coached even a charity event...so I must assume the only reason he could be a coach is because he is white. Once Armanti was finally cut, no one said, "hey, maybe he should coach."

Naw it's because there have been numerous articles stating Bersin was the go to guy in the WR room to come to with questions about the playbook. He knew everything, including other positions on the offense. Smart, studious guy. That's where the coaching stuff comes from, not because he is white.

58 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The only guys I see mentioned as coaches are white guys. My apologies for pointing out the trend, however uncomfortable that makes you. Bersin has shown nothing that shows he would be a good coach, has never hinted at coaching, and has never coached in even a charity even; so why other than the fact he is white would someone suggest he coach? 

Bersin was a smart guy who knew every receiver position and offered tips to younger guys, even knowing they would be competing for his job.

There's plenty of reason to think he could be a good coach.

Bersin was Cam's guy. Gonna miss him, but it was time. Hopefully, he catches on somewhere and has a long, prosperous career. Hard to believe, but he's been with us for 4 years. A lot longer than anyone could've imagined, and he's made a splash here or there in those 4 years. 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Uhh Peanut, Cotch, even Steve Smith and Randy Moss have all been suggested as positional coaches on the Huddle my friend

4 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Uhh Peanut, Cotch, even Steve Smith and Randy Moss have all been suggested as positional coaches on the Huddle my friend

Never heard anyone suggest Smith or Moss as a coach. Cotch and Tillman were different because they were experienced players who acted as coaches while they were here. Again, I never saw Bersin act as a coach, suggest he wanted to coach, or anything else. The principle is similar to some suggesting CMC is JAG; he doesn't fit the archetype of the position. 

On 9/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

These players won't be Panthers again.

I just had a chance to do a little research.

By releasing these players perhaps we will get the chance to re-sign them should we need depth later in the season.  [Not saying we would, or should, but that we COULD]

In 2016 we did just that with Ben Jacobs.  He was put on IR at cut downs; released with an injury settlement a few days later, and then brought back in December.

If these guys had stayed on IR they were done for the season, plus I don't think you can keep players on IR who don't have long-term injuries.  (Think they need to be unable to play for at least 6 weeks).

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I just had a chance to do a little research.

By releasing these players perhaps we will get the chance to re-sign them should we need depth later in the season.  [Not saying we would, or should, but that we COULD]

In 2016 we did just that with Ben Jacobs.  He was put on IR at cut downs; released with an injury settlement a few days later, and then brought back in December.

If these guys had stayed on IR they were done for the season, plus I don't think you can keep players on IR who don't have long-term injuries.  (Think they need to be unable to play for at least 6 weeks).

HOPE LIVES

Archived