• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The season premiere is upon us--reviewing draft pick expectations

saX man

Let's get some optimism brewing in this mf'er people of ze globe:

1. Christian McCaffrey RB/OW

170810_CMC_inside.jpg

He will be an immediate impact on the offense and could revitalize that side of the ball for us.  Big added dynamic and a for sure impact.  With Cam, Olsen, KB and an improved line, I hope our guys our determined to put the league on notice.  I foresee a handful and more 34+ burgers this season.    

I'm thinking a FLOOR this season of 500 running yards, 250 receiving, 6 total TDs.  Ceiling of 900 rushing yards, 500 receiving, 11 total TDs

2. Curtis Samuel WR

170821_samuel_inside.jpg

We cannot expect him to come out with a big impact but I can see him rising as the year begins.  He may not even get a catch Game 1 but I could see him having a few 60+ yarder performances before midseason.  We should still be very excited for the Brooklyn Blur but with tempered expectations at the get-go.  

A Floor expectation: ~30 receptions, 450 yards, 3 TDs; optimistic breakthrough year: 55 receptions, 800 yards, 7 TDs

2.  Taylor Moton OT/G

170509_moton_600x360.jpg

This man is the hidden gem at OL.  I feel really confident about Moton.  Now, Williams may be starting over him at the get-go but I think he will compete and also be able to fortify this line.  He can play G and T which is huge for depth and he's seems like one of the more solid lineman I've seen us pickup in some time.  

3. Dasheon Hall DE

170821_daeshon_inside.jpg

I really hope this man can develop. He's got the athletic mold, skillset, and vets around him.  He has the get-off and I could see his bend and burst coming together.  

Floor expectation: <15 tackles, 2.5 sacks (Not that I think he won't produce, but DE take some molding)

Surprise year: If CJ or Peppers show some wear and tear and Hall excels past Horton: 20 tackles, 5 sacks

Corn Elder, Armah, and Butker: May you find your way to the field and not leave us.  I still like all 3.  

The harvest is in full swing.  

I see at least 4 contributors and three question marks (IR, PS, and Gano'd)

Whatsayouuuu?

Archived