• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder: Atlanta should be playing in New England this evening.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

That's true too. I just got tired of hearing the constant talk about the schedule last year. Sounded like a cop out

from what I have heard, this seasons schedule is the only reason the Panthers have a chance...

must go deeper...

I haven't hear why (probably then new stadium deal) but the Falcons should start with NE,  take that early loss and possibly set the tone for their season. 

Whatevs, bring it Atlanta. It's going to be a very competitive 2 games. Feel much more confident  going in to this seasons. 

1 hour ago, gmonjimbo said:

Yeah in retrospect it must have been taxing for the players and coaches mentally to have to answers questions all offseason about the impending rematch with the Broncos and they could never get a chance to move on. Then they lose the game because of a kicker and trash officiating. 

That reminds me does anyone know who the head official will be for the game on Sunday, hopefully not Clete Blakeman ?

Nobody tell him. I'm not sure he could handle it.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/09/05/week-1-referee-assignments-2017/

Panthers at 49ers  —  Clete Blakeman

Everything that happened to us last year was intended to punish us for dancing too much in the end zone, taking sideline photos, etc. It really got the other 31 teams' owners panties in a wad. Hopefully the punishment is over.

Whether it was a fair move by the NFL or not, we should have relished the opportunity to go into Denver and get a victory. A professional football coach should consistently project a "we want them anytime, anywhere" kind of mentality. That lack of bravado on the leader's part may well have infected our team last year. 

Not saying I could have done it after such a heartbreaking end to an accomplished seasaon, but then I'm not a professional football coach.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the league obviously loves us:

2015: We suffer a crushing loss (I mean, not losing a 25 pt lead type of crushing, but you know what I mean) in the Super Bowl. 

2016: We open against our Super Bowl opponent.

2017: We open at the site of the Super Bowl.  

No obvious digs at the Panthers there! 

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Nobody tell him. I'm not sure he could handle it.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/09/05/week-1-referee-assignments-2017/

Panthers at 49ers  —  Clete Blakeman

ugh....

just in case anyone is wondering the significance of this: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198038/grading-the-officials-as-broncos-improve-to-6-0-in-clete-blakemans-games

good news, we aren't playing the broncos.

bad news, he's still a dick

Archived