• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at 49ers - 5 Fearless Predictions

Jeremy Igo

The more I think about it, the more I am thinking our defense will be tested in this game.  We have a new coordinator and we are facing a talented play caller.  It will be a challenge to keep up with the scheme, even if the players executing it aren't the best.  That said, we should still win.

We beat the Jacksonville Bortles' 20-9 the opening game of the 2015 season then went on to a 15-1 record and the Super Bowl. And that game probably should have been closer if Norman (RIP) didn't save our butts. 

West coast game week 1 with a QB that hasn't played meaningful minutes in quite some time and an opposing head coach that knows our roster/game plan inside and out? Yeah... i'll take the W and run home.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I think that in the first quarter we're going to be surprised by how stingy the 49ers defense is, possibly going three and out a couple of times. Shanahan is trying to rebuild a franchise and defense is always the first and easiest piece of the puzzle.

That defense, though, will break down because of their offense. We'll be working from a short field by the second quarter and I think a couple of timely turnovers will break the 49ers spirit.

I think this will be a low scoring affair, possibly 14-3 by the time it is done. Touchdowns by Stewart and Funchess.

If this were the same offense as last year, I might agree with you due to we always seem to start slow in game one.  However, there aren't any teams out there with substantial footage of our "Improved Offense"   I feel it is going to be just the opposite.   I think we score the first couple of series and open this game wide open.

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If this were the same offense as last year, I might agree with you due to we always seem to start slow in game one.  However, there aren't any teams out there with substantial footage of our "Improved Offense"   I feel it is going to be just the opposite.   I think we score the first couple of series and open this game wide open.

Good point and I hope you are right. I'd love for us to be doing so well with the new stuff that by halftime we start running the vanilla stuff just to keep some surprises for the next week.

It's the first game so both teams will be hype. SF keeps it close in the first half until we grease our wheels and experience/talent takes over. Second half, we start to pull away. We don't step on their neck because that's just not what we do but we come out with a clear victory despite the score. 

27-20

Archived